Where to find patched BIOS for GA-G41M-ES2H

Dradis

5 posts in this topic

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but i didnt really see a better place.

Does anyone know where I can find a patched BIOS for the Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H? I'm using patched BIOSes on my Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L and Asus P8P67-m Pro. Both have served me well and I would like to find a patched BIOS for this one too. I've found one for the ES2L made my cartri, but not the ES2H. Cartri has taken down forum, so finding help there has become hard. Please help if you can. Thanks.

I think you'll not find a patched BIOS for your mobo 'cause there's no need to do it.

Use Auto-patcher to fix the DSDT. ;)

But wouldn't that slow down the startup time? I once tried a DSDT file on an ECS board that suffered from a stuck startup problem, and while it did boot normally, it takes an insane amount of time before it reaches the desktop.

A lot of people use a patched DSDT on their hackintosh without delay problems.

Reading what you wrote I can see why you wasn't able to boot. You can't use "a" DSDT but "the" DSDT. You guys should not waste your time getting yourselves into troubles testing DSDTs of others, but you should extract own DSDT and patch it.

I've already extracted THE dsdt for this board and my others as well. I just like the patched BIOS of my other two because it takes away the need for a few of the kexts and dsdt patches. Makes me feel a little closer to "real" with my macs. Also seem to have fewer problems that way.

Funny thing is, after i installed Lion I tried to boot straight in without any modifications or added kexts. Obviously I had a boot loader on another drive. It worked. There was no fakeSMC, no nullcpupowermanagement, no dsdt. I didn't think that was possible. Anyone able to explain?