10.7.1 shutdown/audio issues!

ji-ji

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I've never needed to post much before cos l've always found answers from other posts. However I've tried to run 10.7 on my new system (specs in signature)

and I have problems when shutting down and audio.

When I shut down it just blank screens and hangs.. When I force shut down and reboot my bios says "overclocking error" then works fine after another reboot.

My audio is only recognised in system profiler, not in sound settings. Voodoo creates hisses and crackles or very poor quality dependant on the version I use.

I've lived at the moment with an Mbox audio interface but I'd like my onboard sound to work if it is possible.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate them, thanks!

I tried the EvOReboot.kext when i first installed the OS, I should still have it but I will reinstall that later to be safe and report.

I've always used it in past and it's worked on other systems.

I've tried all the VoodooHDA's availble. I got crackles or downsampled though. Again I'll redo them just to be safe rather than dismiss.

I'll edit this post when I have results.

Thank you for the reply and help.

EDIT: EvOReboot does not work. Still hangs after shutdown/reboot.

Voodoo 0.2.56 downsamples sound and also when you access the settings you get these errors

ScreenShot2012-06-07at152708.png

ScreenShot2012-06-07at152728.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated to 10.7.4 which has fixed my reboot/shutdown (I think, not played up so far!)

I still have audio issues?

Has no one used this motherboard and ran it with onboard audio?