This is my first Hackintosh, designed to be used for music production, so having my audio stutter is a fairly serious issue!
Asrock z370 Pro4
Focusrite 18i20v2 (have also tested with Focusrite 2i2, and Zoom H6) audio interface,
Samsung 960 M.2 (I also have a normal HDD in here as well)
I tested with High Sierra, but had the same problems in Sierra (which I installed on my spinning HDD).
It seems that sound engine is encountering some kind of error, and is having to restart itself periodically. These are the important lines from Console (I believe)-
USB Sound assertion (Resetting engine due to error returned in Read Handler) in /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudio/AppleUSBAudio-311.9/AppleUSBAudioDevice.cpp at line 6182
^^ I assume that .cpp file is inaccessible? Would be interesting to see what is on line 6182! Looks like the audio streaming is messing itself up every now and then?
Core audiod - HALS_IOA1Engine.cpp:365:EndWriting: HALS_IOA1Engine::EndWriting: got an error from the kernel trap, Error: 0xE00002D7
Spotify - HALC_ProxyIOContext.cpp:1068:IOWorkLoop: HALC_ProxyIOContext::IOWorkLoop: skipping cycle due to overload
Sometimes I also get a USB Sound Assertion claiming that "output fell behind". although i've just observed that this particular error msg also happens on my imac, so this is probably not hackintosh related.
USB Sound assertion (Output Fell Behind) in /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleUSBAudio/AppleUSBAudio-311.9/AppleUSBAudioDevice.cpp at line 6177
https://imgur.com/a/MZXVi(various screenshots of console)
I haven't noticed problems with onboard sound, which I briefly got working to test. I'm not interested in using onboard sound though. My intuition says that my mobos USB isn't playing nicely with OSX. Unfortunately theres nothing in the bios I can change (I can't force it to run as USB 2.0 for example, and there are no USB 2 ports on this mobo). Changing ports makes no difference.
I initially used a guide and EFI folder from a website, but today tried the "vanilla" method on Reddit, which seemed to install nicely, but hasn't fixed my USB Audio problems! I've tried fiddling with the USB options in clover but to no avail.
I've been trying to look into using RehabMans FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, but I'm a bit confused about if its doing anything (I put it in my clover kext folder, as well as in sys/lib/ext, as well as the FakePCIID.kext). Not sure what its really meant to do, or if I need to do more to make it work?
Interestingly, my iMac (which works well with USB audio, running Sierra), uses AppleUSBXHCILPTH as the Host Controller for USB 3.0 bus in System Information, whereas my hack is using AppleUSBXHCISPT. Is this a pertinent detail perhaps?
I'm not sure what else to try now! I've ordered a cheap USB 2.0 PCI card from Amazon which arrives on Tuesday, but this is a bit of a desperation attempt, I'm quite out of my depth with this issue! Any help would be massively appreciated.
Interestingly, the error doesn't seem to occur as much if I don't touch the computer. I wonder if my mouse/keyboard is interfering with the USB Audio? I've tried unplugging everything other than the mouse/keyboard and USB interface but still get the problem.
Thanks so much! Apologies if there's more info I need to add, I will supply any information necessary!
EDIT : Thought I'd also add that I updated the Bios to ver 1.60 (latest) from Asrock website, was hoping this would fix the problem but it hasn't.
After update 10.12.1 -> 10.12.2 there is a problem with the DAC HD Audio device connected to the USB port is visible in the System report, but there is no input/output devices in System Preferences.
I have a DAC HDAudio AS372 and the device went dead.
For now I swapped AppleUSBAudio.kext kext in S/L/E 10.12.2 to 10.12.1 and sound back.
Ok, Firstly I'm new to all this. Secondly I have searched through this forum for a possible answer but no luck yet (I have installed Voodoo HDA with no luck).
I have two images 10.6 and 10.8.2 (now upgrade to 10.8.5).
Issue: I have two USB audio devices 1) Steinberg CI1 and 2) an off-ebay-cheap usb audio adapter. I'm trying to get the CI1 working, not through "connect to host device", but by connecting as a removable device directly to the guest. When I do connect to it, it shows up in the sound and Audio MIDI Setup, but the sound bar is greyed out. No sound comes out of it at all. When selected.
This happens on both images.
I then tried with the cheap usb audio adapter, the sound icon is not greyed out and every now and again as soon as I connect some sound is heard, very broken up until it falls into the deeps of silence altogether.
I'm not very familiar with a MAC - always been a PC user. I have been using CI1 with a windows 8 image fine with zero latency, so I don't think it's the VM application side of things. (Workstation 8.0.6)
Looking in the Console I can see the line ....voodoo.driver.... Exited with exit code: 1 (I think this happened in boot up looking at the time).