Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Weird behaviour

1 post in this topic

I'm having a weird problem, my system has been running fine for months last is until now. Last week I noticed the system running slower than normal but thought nothing of it. Last weekend I started downloading some picture and the software would freeze after 5 or so pictures and i would have force quit the program and relaunch, 5 more force quit so on and so on. Last night I tried launching firefox and it would just freeze and have to wait several minutes to even allow me to force quit it. I check the activity monitor and didn't notice any hogging the system. Now today I tried logging in and it won't. I enter my password hit enter says logging in screen goes blue for a moment then back to the login screen.

I have a guest account and I'm using that and there seems to be no problems as of yet. The only idea I have is it might be a computer virus. I know its unlikely but thats my only thought. I do have iantivirus installed don't know how much protection that provides.

Any suggest on what can be causing this or how to get back into my account?

gigabyte ep3-udp

geforce 8400gt

intel quad core

4Gb ram

Update: rebuilt launch services and now able to get back into my admin account but programs are still crashing.