Mac OS X Overclocking

Daniel Halevi

7 posts in this topic

So i'm trying to over clock my computer, and after the process, i boot up the computer and right when the apple logo shows, the computer restarts, no errors, no messages..

The specs are:

Asus P5KC mobo

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @2.66GHz (Tried to OC to 3.5GHz)

2GB Ram 800MHz *2 + 1GB Ram 800MHz *2 (meaning 6GB of ram total running on 800MHz)

Nvidia GT220 1GB

Mac OS X 10.7.2 iATKOS L2

The OC was done successfully, it was shown correctly on the BIOS, but as I said before, when the apple logo shows, it instantly reboots..

Edit: tried to start windows 7 ultimate 64bit, same thing happens there, but it shows the BSOD for a second and then reboots..

What did the system panic on?

If neither OS X or Windows will boot you probably dont have enough voltage, try increasing the core voltage and then QPI if core has no effect.

What did the system panic on?

If neither OS X or Windows will boot you probably dont have enough voltage, try increasing the core voltage and then QPI if core has no effect.

What do you mean by what it panic on?

and I used this video to see the configuration

You can't just follow a video for over clocking!

It is trial and error and different on every system.

Sure, watch the video, try the setting used in the video but they are not guaranteed to work.

You will have to raise core voltage until you have the CPU stable when running at your desired frequency.

Raise in increments until you are stable.

You can't just follow a video for over clocking!

It is trial and error and different on every system.

Sure, watch the video, try the setting used in the video but they are not guaranteed to work.

You will have to raise core voltage until you have the CPU stable when running at your desired frequency.

Raise in increments until you are stable.

I tried doing it without the video, and it works... the person there changed things that have nothing to do with the overclock..