Creating Lion boot CD

PookyMacMan

6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm working on changing the OSx86 ModCD for Lion, but the problem is...well, I don't know.

All I did initially was swap out the cdboot file with one from Chameleon 2.1 r1892 and change the com.apple.* to org.chameleon.*, but then it said it couldn't parse the RAMDisk.plist file (although it was unchanged), and then it couldn't parse org.chameleon.* on Preboot.dmg. To top it all off, it said "Errors encountered while starting up the computer" at the end...between all my experiments, I could never get the plists to parse and never get Extensions.mkext to load properly. And always had that Errors encountered error.

Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?

Thanks,

Pooky

The next folder comes from my Lion's cdboot which I use to boot when I make a mess on my mackintosh. xD

Start from there, add/change/replace all you need, then type:

sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot newiso/cdboot -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name BootCD -joliet-volume-name BootCD

newiso.zip

Hm...the original ISO you posted had plist parsing issues as well, and GUI issues...when I changed everything, same thing (although not the GUI errors)...weird enough...I've been running this in VirtualBox, I'll try on my real PC boxes...

Well, I found out it was the size of the Preboot image. :) Apparently Chameleon doesn't like 200 MB Preboot images, so by cutting a few corners I reduced it to 120 MB. So no more plist parsing problems (or kext loading issues), but it still says Errors encountered when starting up the computer, I'm not sure if that's a huge problem or not...

So, could anyone fill me in on what exactly the Errors encountered while starting up the computer means? A Preboot/postBoot image problem? Kext problem? Other problem?