iATKOS L2 @ GA-EP35C-DS3R

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm very noobish regarding OSX systems, but I managed to get Leopard on this board previously (2-3years ago) and now I decided to install iATKOS L2. (Lion 10.7.2)

Installation went completely fine, apart from me messing up the audio kext selection with getting voodoo instead of appleHDA for my ALC889a chip, solved it afterwards with lots of "research + googling", now I have HDAenabler and some other files running. Sound is OK, sometimes a bit crispy if it's boots with it, if not its 100% clean.

Now to my problem: my system seems to be unstable, I always get sudden kernel panics. How can I get rid of them? Is the problem that I tried to many appleHDA in my E/E till I found the right one? Might it be the HDAwizard causing trouble? How can I know what causes the kernel panic?

(1) Today, I might try to reinstall iATKOS, and select appleHDA for my audio.

(2) I got my hands on a retail MacOSX Lion 10.7.3 dvd also, is it possible to install it?

(3) Is there any tool/app that could clean, check my system for kernel stability? Found this app, is it worth a test: http://sourceforge.net/projects/systester/?

Thanks for the help in advance.

*Screenshot of my system: http://d.pr/i/i9sZ

What would be helpful is a picture of the kernel panic.

Install iAtkos without choosing any audio selections. Then install what you found to work after "research + googling".

What would be helpful is a picture of the kernel panic.

Install iAtkos without choosing any audio selections. Then install what you found to work after "research + googling".

Well, if I remember right...iAtkos has voodoo and the original appleHDA to offer. So you say I should try to install without any of them?

How can I make a screenshot of the panics? Doesn't OSX log them somewhere maybe? Otherwise I can only make a photo of it since system in ofcourse unresponsive.

Well, if I remember right...iAtkos has voodoo and the original appleHDA to offer. So you say I should try to install without any of them?

You found a solution that worked that did not come from iAtkos, correct? So do not install any audio from iAtkos, install the same files that you installed when you did your research.

How can I make a screenshot of the panics? Doesn't OSX log them somewhere maybe? Otherwise I can only make a photo of it since system in ofcourse unresponsive.

The only way to post a picture of a kernel panic is to take a photo of it.

You found a solution that worked that did not come from iAtkos, correct? So do not install any audio from iAtkos, install the same files that you installed when you did your research.

The only way to post a picture of a kernel panic is to take a photo of it.

Correct. I reinstalled, sadly Nvidia kext wan't loading at start, so I have redo the whole install.

OK, I will try to, if it will occour again, otherwise my last "crash" was like mouse froze for 1m, then came back online and the rest of the system froze with mouse working. Is this a panic also?

A system "freeze" with at least something working is not a panic. Something probably crashed. A panic will stop all activity and will either give you a warning in several languages or will dump a lot of text on the screen. The lot of text on the screen is what the picture may help diagnose.

For the crash, reboot and immediately go open Console in the Utilities folder. Scroll back to right before the reboot and see if you can find the cause of the crash.

When installing iAtkos, keep your custom selections as minimal as possible. You don't want to install a lot of things that you might not need and might be a source of a crash. Just like you can add sound after an installation, you can add other things after the installation.