ML DP3 can't see my hard

15 posts in this topic

please help

i face a proplem that installation can't see internal hard disk i double checked the sata mode is AHCI i installed IOATAfamily.kext all the same can't see my hard just the usb flash

that happend before when installing lion but it has been fixed by following another guide to create bootable usb from my hack but now nothing even with myhack methode

Dell Latitude E5500

Core2 Duo

Can't offer much help only knowing knowing your cpu and mobo and limited info on what you did in your initial attempt. Install method is similar to lion, only if you installed lion from scratch using retail and no helper tools such as myhack. Although it's possible some of those Lion installer methods could work, I have not heard of any that do, and it would likely be more trouble to get working, which defeats the purpose anyway . There are a few tutorials scattered through out the 4 pages of this section you can check out that may help. If you don't have a patched DSDT I'd look into that first to get your sata working properly without the need for a legacy ATA kext that may not be compatible with ML.

If you can boot Lion using your DSDT and no IOATA mod, then you should be fine. Follow this to create USB http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/ except if your not installing to mbr disk, skip copying both osinstal and osinstal.mpkg. Don't forget to copy mach_kernel. If you still have your Lion install, update it's bootloader to ErmaC's latest chameleon with ML support, version available in new release section of this site. Do not install it to your ML installer yet. Only put a copy of your smbios and org.chameleon.Boot.plist in Extra folder of your new installer for now and leave DSDT in Lion. Boot as normal, but from chameleon prompt, choose newly created ML installer to boot instead of usual Lion, add -x -f -v to whatever flags u normally may use. but do not force 32bt. Once installer completes, boot back to Lion and from there install fakesmc & nullcpupowermangment.kext(both included in above link for install to USB installer as well) to ML partition using kext wizard,(if u have properly edited DSDT u do not need nullcpupowermangment.kext). reboot same way but choose ML from chameleon prompt, once booted into ML and if all is looking good, install chameleon and DSDT to ML. Reason for odd sequence of DSDT install is occasional conflict occurs when chameleon first reads bios selected boot drives contents and DSDT, then reads same duplicate DSDT again when u select a different partition to boot into at the loader screen. Chameleon is supposed to override what was read from bios selected or "active" partition, and it does for boot.plist, but somethimes dsdt prob still occurs where bdmesg shows DSDT all loaded normal, but none of DSDT changes actually get applied

i fed up i used ur directions but my hard can't be seen

i used myhack.app to install & finalize the ML installer with -v -x it write at first hfs+ [hard 1.2......] so i guess it can see my hd0 but once in the installer i can't find my internal hard what is the solution i feel inability

why that happend in ML i don't wan't to run & leave it to lion again

why not compare them? Also keep in mind no 32bit kext support in ML, so be sure you can boot Lion in 64bit before spending more time on it. Because of this I can't install ML to my C2D MacBook 2,1 cause efi is 32bit only. got a few kext that may help, check pm.

unfortunately it didn't work neither

so i took my internal hard & used a converter to usb & installed ML DP3 (took too long ) but when i re insert it into lap it gave me waiting for root device & that's sure because he didn't recognize the hard in the first place

so i gave up & i don't know what to do more

what south bridge chipset do you have? when you put the drive back in did you add any additional boot flags like rd=disk0s2 (or whatever disk# and partition# it would be for your instal)? also -f so caches are skipped? Too soon to give up my friend, it's about the journey as much as the final destination. If it was too easy, everyone would do it :)