[HELP] No Mouse and Keyboard after 10.6.8

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. I have a little problem and hope you guys can help me out.

I have had for about 1 year and a half my pc working flawlessly with the initial dual boot between W7 and SL 10.6.5

Today I decided to apply the 10.6.8 update...so I started reading here and there some guides on how to...I predisposed everything and started the process. I just left the pc unattended for about 10 min but this was enough to my daughter to agree with the "reboot" option she was given after the update process...and therefore I couldn't apply any kext patch to have all the kext working properly.

As a result I now can't control anything as the USB ports are not working and I am without a mouse and a keybord to do anything...

Is there a way I can push the correct kext from "outside" ? I don't know...can I use the iAtkos installing dvd to load ###### in any way? Any other suggestion?

W7 is loading and is working properly and I have access to the mac partitions through MacDrive

Let's see what we can do.

1. Boot W7

2. Download and unzip the USB files: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rvb9yoxygp9ur09

3. From W7, on your Mac Disk, go to /System/Library/Extensions and replace the USB files

4. Boot iAtkos, answer the language question

5. Go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal

6. Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of your Mac Disk)"  <== use quotes but not parentheses
7. Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions   <== notice, there is no slash in front of System
8. Type:  chown -R root:wheel IOUSBFamily.kext IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
9. Type:  chmod -R 755  IOUSBFamily.kext IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

Reboot -v -f

• Like 1

Let's see what we can do.

1. Boot W7

2. Download and unzip the USB files: http://www.mediafire...rvb9yoxygp9ur09

3. From W7, on your Mac Disk, go to /System/Library/Extensions and replace the USB files

4. Boot iAtkos, answer the language question

5. Go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal

6. Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of your Mac Disk)"  <== use quotes but not parentheses
7. Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions   <== notice, there is no slash in front of System
8. Type:  chown -R root:wheel IOUSBFamily.kext IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
9. Type:  chmod -R 755  IOUSBFamily.kext IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

Reboot -v -f

Thanks SO much mate :) greatly appreciated! Keyboard and mouse online again..! Now I can move on trying to solve all the rest of the issues :)