Mountain Lion DP 3 installed on Asus X53SC Laptop, but boots only in safe mode, please help!

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was running Lion 10.7.4 on my Asus X53SC Laptop before i decided to give Mountain Lion a try. When DP 1 was released, i had installed it to see what's new and it worked perfectly then. But after installing DP 3, i don't know what is the reason but only if i type -x -v then only i am able to boot the laptop or else it simply freezes when it's time to load just after all the loading of kexts and others. I tried the standard Chameleon & Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=Yes as well as No, but no success at all. If i start the laptop using -v option, i noticed it was getting stuck after reading the NTFS partitions on the disk, so i thought maybe it's the problem with the ntfs.kext and i deleted it to see what happens. Still the same result, it hangs after loading the kexts and few other log messages. I am unable to trace the root cause and it's happening with this DP 3, there was never such a problem with DP 1 or my Lion 10.7.4 install before this.

-Majrul

Sounds like a video problem.

When you boot -v and see the messages about the NTFS partitions, right before that do you see the message "DSMOS has arrived"? If yes, you are booted, it is just the video preventing you from getting to the Desktop. Likewise, when you boot -x -v, the -x disables the video drivers and allows you to get to the Desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, also to verify a video prob, if you have another mac you can still screen share, or look at your ethernet/wifi and see if its connected to network