• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lukascaska
      Hello everyone, I just installed highsierra on my notebook with help by Maldon and Mirone.
      I have almost everything working, missing only a few details:
      - I think I have a lot of kexts i do not use
      - HDMI Audio not working
      - the screen turns black after sleep
      - boot takes more then a minute
      can anybody help me?

folder with SendMe, Clover and IOREG: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xPTVrHVL4Z_Dh3oeDMpQ7EQKHsigBWC2?usp=sharing

hardware:
      i5-7200, hd620, 940mx, 8gb ram, 1TB
    • By rtke333
      Hi!

Could anyone help me installing High Sierra on this system?
      I succesfully installed Sierra before on this system with help of Jake Lo (thanks!!), I just wondering if could High sierra possible to installed on this system?
      Boot stopped at this. I'll attach my Clover folder and a picture from boot.
      UEFI enabled, and for skylake I used IntelGraphicsDVMTfixup and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts. My bios is very limited and does not have any option to change dvmt prealloc or anything else.
      Everything works fine on Sierra.
      Here is my system:

Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G-55TU

(Note: Bootpack works fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)

Mobo: Skylake USOPP_SLS
      Bios: Insyde corp latest version
      CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.30 GHz (Skylake)
      GPU: Geforce GTX 950M 2 GB (optimus, disabled), Intel HD 530
      Ram: 8 GB DDR4 (4+4 GB)
      Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A, Replaced to BCM94352Z
      Ethernet: Realtek 8168B/8111B
      Audio: ALC 255 (layout-3 fix)
      Card Reader: Realtek
      HDD: 1 TB
      Dual-boot with Windows 10

Any help appreciated!

UPDATE! (2017.10.30)
      UPDATE! (2017.11.09)
      UPDATE! (2018.02.01)

Successfully installed High Sierra 10.13, 10.13.1, 10.13.3
      SEE THIS POST: #49 IF YOU THINK YOUR CPU IS HOT (60+°C) OR NOT GOING UNDER 1.3GHz FREQUENCY WHEN IDLE
      (Original OSXLatitude post link: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10077-success-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-55tu-high-sierra-dual-boot-windows/)
      Working:
      Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with BCM94352z: (enabled with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, install them with Kext Utility or another kext installer) (Original WiFi is Qualcomm Atheros, unsupported but BT works) Hand-off with BCM94352z Full Graphics enabled on HD 530, HDMI, VGA. ALC 255 Audio: (Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack (microphone not tested) with layout-3 fix (you can use AppleHDAPatcher) Ethernet Realtek 8168B/8111B App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud (native) Integrated webcam (native) 3.0 USB (native) Touchpad and Keyboard: Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn. (VoodoPS2Controller.kext) Battery info: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with kext utility or other installer. Sleep Mode: In High Sierra sleep mode not worked for me natively. Inject custom EDID to fix the blank screen after wake from sleep
      See here for instruction (thanks black.dragon74 and Jake Lo !!) Please add these 2 patches to ACPI\DSDT\Patches in your config.plist in order to avoid not responding applications after sleep: (added in "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip") HECI to IMEI 48454349 494d4549 EC0 to EC 4543305f 45435f5f Before updating to a new version of High Sierra please update kexts to new versions to avoid kernel panics Note: No need for "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext" so you should delete it. Not working:
      Original Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle. NVIDIA GTX 950M: Optimus not supported. Card Reader: Unsupported For WiFi:
      You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used tp-link Archer T1U (5GHz support), Tp-link have official macOS drivers, you just need to install it (OR)Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Z card (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kext I wrote above I'll attach my EFI folder for anyone who want to install High Sierra (acer_aspire_v5_591g_55tu_hs.zip).
      *REUPLOADED updated CLOVER folder, attached as "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip" (uploaded to OSXLatitude forum, can't upload here).

I'm using High Sierra in Dual-boot with Windows 8.1. To do this in a clean install or with Windows installed first try my little minimal guide:

Dual-boot clean install (on one drive):
      1. Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it's no matter what), 1 for Mac), 
      2. Install Mac, boot with your USB, *mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder, copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,
      3. Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      4. Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi 5. You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (you can search for it).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
      1. Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.
      2. Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.
      3. Restore from image: select your full system restore image.
      4. When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.
      5. Do Step 2. from "*" from clean install dual-boot above. but KEEP "Microsoft" FOLDER IN IT!
      6. Do Step 4. from clean install dual-boot above.
      7. You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (I only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      Make sure you have partitions in GPT The best version for restore method is Windows 8.1. It's using 200 MB EFI. Windows 10 using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. You can use with Windows 10, just ignore the errors IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT installer IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found)
      It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem) You also could "mount" the EFI from windows, for that open cmd and type: diskpart list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4) sel vol 4 list part (Select System type partition, for example 2) sel part 2 assign letter=b (This will "mount" your EFI partition, to manage files download totalcmd or explorer++ (run as admin)) remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI) Here is a video from dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Q8uPkwcWQ
      Here some pictures:

• By rtke333
      Hi!
      I'm facing a problem on my notebook.
      I have: 
      Acer Aspire V 15 V5-591G-55TU
      Skylake-H PC-H
      i5-6300HQ - HD 530 - Skylake
      4+4 GB DDR4
      optimus GTX 950M (disabled)
      BRCM94352Z wifi
      Windows 8.1 & High Sierra 10.13.3

Natively sleep isn't working, there is a blank screen after sleep, so I used custom EDID Inject to get it working.
      Before sleep, everything is working fine, but after sleep, I couldn't open videos(on youtube or anywhere higher than 240p), pictures, FaceTime.
      This is a hardware decode problem, so I opened terminal and typed this:
      defaults write com.apple.coremedia hardwareVideoDecoder disable After this, Safari and video players could open HD or any videos after sleep, but Chrome not responding (Chrome forced hardware acceleration, and good after disabled that in advanced settings), FaceTime, Preview also not responding, and the pictures on hdd just loading too, nothing happens. Problem exist on all HS versions (13.0 - 13.3). On Sierra 10.12.6 this problem does not exists. Here I'll attach informations (ioreg, CLOVER, screenshot). Kext using at boot for skylake: Lilu, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup.
      I'll appreciate any help.

Aspire_V5-591G-55TU.ioreg.zip
      CLOVER.zip
      ssdt_dsdt.zip
      terminal-kextcache.txt.zip
      terminal-output.txt.zip
    • By kylon
      ACPI and Clover config for Acer Aspire v5-571PG intel i5-U IvyBridge

Not Working:
      - sd card reader

Tested on High Sierra 10.13.2 and Clover EFI 4359

Notes:
      I don t remember how i booted Clover EFI.
      You may need to disable UEFI and boot Clover as Legacy with EmuVariable.
      After that, you should install and boot macOS to install clover as legacy in your EFI partition.
      Now disable Secure Boot and enable UEFI Mode.
      You may need more steps if you are dual-booting with Windows.

**To reset your BIOS, power on the pc and hold the power button for about 30-40 seconds or you can short G2101 (RAM SLOT 1)**

Feel free to ask for help.

You will need:
      Clover install options: Install in EFI Partition, Install boot0af, Enable OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and script RC
      Latest Clover config (acerAspirev5-571PG - CCE Bank) from here
      Latest chunnann WIFI Kext (here) or ATH9KFixup (here - Untested)
      Rehabman AppleIntelBacklightInjector (here) in L\E + rebuild cache
      Rehabman Voodoo PS2 Controller (here)
      Rehabman Codec Commander (here)
      Rehabman ACPI Battery Driver (here)
      vit9696 AppleALC (here) + Lilu (here)
      Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (here)