mnfesq

Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

761 posts in this topic

I just did both of the beginners quizzes just to post on this topic-

Yeah I asked for help on tonymac today, and a guy named Rehabman was kind enough to respond moments later!

He asked to add my sys details in a signature, after doing so I was banned for some kind of piracy....(probably because I wrote that the boot loader was Niresh, and as if NIRESH condones piracy, the site on tonymac probably never heard of Apples opinion to installing OSX on stranger hardware.....).

Kinda sucks, I would really have loved help in that specific topic.

Back when OS X releases were not free (i.e. Mountain Lion and earlier), Niresh and similar packages like iAtkos were (still are) called distros, and packaged the OS X installer and several drivers, mods, and other not-very-friendly and unnecessary patches and hacks into a "convenient" single file that you just had to unpack into a USB drive, boot, install and get going.

This was, in essence, piracy as a paid-for software was modified and re-distributed for free, and thus follows one of tonymacx86's more sane, less authoritarian rules: distros are piracy, and anyone using or discussing using them will be banned. If I understand correctly, users here are also strongly discouraged from using a distro and anyone found using it are warned by mods, and subsequent mentions could result in a suspension or ban (moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong). Mere discussion about their existence, function and history is allowed and perfectly alright.

Although OS X is now free, distros still have that air of piracy about them as they can typically only be found at BitTorrent sites like TPB and KAT. It's one short step from an automated USB creator tool ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) to an automated installer, to a pirated distro. Furthermore, they modify the OS X base which technically isn't allowed. Manually created installer drives merely unpack the official app into the drive and add a bootloader.

I recommend you clean out your drive and install OS X manually, using pokenguyen's excellent guides here. Don't use distros, please.

Advertisement

If I understand correctly, users here are also strongly discouraged from using a distro and anyone found using it are warned by mods, and subsequent mentions could result in a suspension or ban (moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong). Mere discussion about their existence, function and history is allowed and perfectly alright.

Only users mentioning paid distros, like iATKOS M and Y are acting against the forum rules. I have always resisted the call to ban distros. Users should be left free to have as much choice as they wish. I believe that calling distros "piracy" and other methods not is hypocrisy. Whatever you do you are in breach of EULA, But if you own a legitimate copy of OS X  you can't call it "piracy"

...Whatever you do you are in breach of EULA, But if you own a legitimate copy of OS X  you can't call it "piracy"

That's exactly what I'm saying - the only way to own a 'legitimate' copy of OS X is through the App Store. Hence distros aren't legit, are they? But I get your point - whatever we do, if we're installing OS X on a non-Apple-branded machine, it's in breach of the EULA, so it doesn't really matter. 

What really made me sick when i got banned from Tonymac (because i mentioned a dev preview of Mavericks in my post) is that they removed all my posts/threads as well from their forum (which were helping a lot of people there).

They could at least leave my threads as made by 'Anonymous' or whatever i don't care, but please keep the original purpose of your website, which is helping people achieve a functional hackintosh and understand the how-to.

My 2 cents.

What really made me sick when i got banned from Tonymac (because i mentioned a dev preview of Mavericks in my post) is that they removed all my posts/threads as well from their forum (which were helping a lot of people there).

They could at least leave my threads as made by 'Anonymous' or whatever i don't care, but please keep the original purpose of your website, which is helping people achieve a functional hackintosh and understand the how-to.

My 2 cents.

Meh, happened to me too. I wrote three guides. I was banned for reasons unknown and they deleted everything. I seriously want to DDoS their servers but I don't have the know-how.

Funny stuff, some time after my comments in this thread i got banned again from there, when asking them for the cause of this ban, well no answer (my last post was made around 5-6months ago there, so nothing wrong from this side).  I have (well, had) the same nickname there so could it be that one of their mods is registered with insanelymac and banning anyone that comments on them ?

Amazing lol

Meh, happened to me too. I wrote three guides. I was banned for reasons unknown and they deleted everything. I seriously want to DDoS their servers but I don't have the know-how.

If figure out how to DDoS my computer can help you :P (Joke that <-- way).

Irony_Iron_by_Pauhx.jpg

truth be told i do agree that tmac is an elephant in the room. but i disagree that we should flame them for it.

if we flame them,we're just breaking our own policies. we don't support tonymac. but every time someone says ''tonymac'' followed by some bigoted sentence,we support them,one way or another. we're promoting tonymac each time we hate on them.

can't believe people didn't get the hang of this yet.

Irony_Iron_by_Pauhx.jpg

truth be told i do agree that tmac is an elephant in the room. but i disagree that we should flame them for it.

if we flame them,we're just breaking our own policies. we don't support tonymac. but every time someone says ''tonymac'' followed by some bigoted sentence,we support them,one way or another. we're promoting tonymac each time we hate on them.

can't believe people didn't get the hang of this yet.

That moment when that's true!!!!

Dear InsanelyMac users,

I just wanted to let you know about a very important change regarding my ethernet driver projects. From April, the 1st 2015 on all my drivers will be distributed exclusively via MµltiBeast. For further information please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day

Sincerely,

Mieze

i love the democratic way they run their site.

i love how you notice their every move and do the best you can to make it look barbaric and wrong.

They believe, any other way to do something is the incorrect way and, you shall be banned for suggesting it.

They pretty much believe, "Tony is god and anyone who defies him shall be sent to the ban hammer."

I was banned from there cause i ask help related Olarila osx mavericks distro

Honestly, you shouldn't ask there about that. But tbh, if it was like a problem like post-installation, they still should've helped you :/

Does anyone here have contacts with the moderators at Stop Forum Spam? tmx86 have listed my IP address there and several of my choice usernames and e-mail addresses that I now cannot use for other forums like AVSIM. It's bloody annoying to have to switch to my metered and slower mobile network whenever I want to access that forum. I have already attempted to contact Stop Forum Spam twice but to no avail. Thanks guys... \

And screw tonymacx86.