Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Snow Leopard ######+###### problem HELP!

2 posts in this topic

Greetings to all members and viewers!

I am a newbie, and completely new to the concept of mac on intel pc. However, I did have sort of a head start.

Today, I succeeded in installing Snow Leopard on my PC using the ######+###### method.

But well, wasn't perfect.

1. No ethernet, audio, mouse driver-tried all kexts in the ###### install

2. No wireless at all. well, that's very far I suppose :(

I've read a little and there is a very generous guy called Maldon here, who provides a custom .dsdt file on sincere requests to keep people going.

Well, I'm patient and determined to get this thing to work.

Here are my specs:

Lenovo Ideapad Z560.

Processor: Intel Core i5-450M

I can't figure out what other information you will need. I somehow can't find the exact model of my motherboard. Every software says it's Lenovo Base Board.

Thank you all! :)

Download this program: UnkownDevices, and from here just look at the type of ethernet, audio, wireless, and mouse driver. Then post it here, and if those are pretty general drivers then I could help you find them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pink Waters
      Hi guys, I have my dsdt.aml extracted from windows.
      I compiled just fine no errors, but when I try to add audio in it following this guide I get a lot of errors

I am running High Sierra
      my audio is ALC889

The errors are attached

• By ITzTravelInTime
      This is a dedicated thread about the intel 8255X based ethernet cards which, although being old (but also very cheap and easy to find used online), they still works in the latest macOS releases today i tested mine with the 64 bit compiled AppleIntel8255X kext and works like a charm! stable and withou any issues with mine 100 mbit managed ethernet switch and also without suffering of problems like connection dieing under heavy load or sleep/wake issues, so just to report that i have create this dedicated thread about and also i leave the kext as an attachment, in this post, this may be usefoul to have cheap working ethernet for hackintosh machines running the latest macOS or just to reuse old hardware some one can have laying around.
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      I have started this thread to discuss about old and very cheap ethernet cards working in the latest macOS releases, cards who just uses old ethernet controllers or are new and cheap cards with old ethernet controllers, this thread is just to discuss about such cards and also to have a list in the first post with reported working cards with drivers linked.
      To contribute you have to report which card of this kind is working for you and which driver or method you followed to get it wo work and also which issues you have, and then it will be added in the list.
      I start reporting cards which worked for me, yours will be added in the future:
      intel 8255X based cards:
                just works using the AppleIntel8255X kext (look in the attachments) and seems to be stable with no issues
      And also there are some cards i am curious to see if can work with mac, so i leave this part at the end of the post, do you know if it's possible to get realtek pci (not pci express) ethernet cards working in the latest mac os? i have a few of them and i have difficulties fining drivers for mac, having a driver for the latest mac wil help me in creating also a youtube video with the cheapest hackintosh compatible ethernet cards
    • By uzmi
      Para los usb 3 de mi placa uso un inyector USB_Series8_Injector.kext modificado para mis puertos.
      Deseo eliminar dicho inyector poniendo los datos de los puertos en el DSDT directamente pero no se si es posible ni como hacerlo.
      Tengo dos instalaciones en dos discos con 10.13.3 
      Uno con un DSDT basado en el que crea Clover y luego modificado para mi equipo.
      Otro con un DSDT basado en el de Pikeralpha y luego modificado para mi equipo
      ¿Podrían echarme una mano?
      Dejo el inyector o un SSDT-UIAC con los datos de los puertos.
      Muchas gracias.
    • By quattrofx
      Hi to all,
      I just wont to give inough informations on one place for all the people with same Hardware with
      costimization steps witch i have done. I have fast perfect working High Sierra 10.13.3 on my PC but
      still needs to be actualized thru the DSDT, because it ist the only way to get all the hardware 
      properly working.
      Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - BIOS F7h
      Intel i7-8700K (4.8GHz)
      Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  8G
      DDR4 64GB PC 3000 CL15 G.Skill KIT (4x16GB) 64GVR Ripjaws V
      Dual-Band PCI-e Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800
      Firewire PCI-e Digitus (Texas Instruments Chipset)
      Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle ASUS BT400 (Broadcom)
      PSU: LC-Power Metatron Prophecy 2 LC8750II V2.2, 750 Watt
      2 x NVMe SSD 960 Evo 500GB (Win10Pro & High Sierra 10.13.3)
      1 x SSD Crucial 500GB (Sierra 10.12.6)
      1 x 4TB Segate Barracuda SATA 3 (Multimedia)
      Tripple-boot Win10Pro, Sierra 10.12.6 & High Sierra 10.13.3
      Bios Settings:
      1.       M.I.T. → Advanced Memory Settings  Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) : Profile1
      2.       BIOS → Fast Boot : Disabled
      3.       BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled
      4.       BIOS → Storage Boot Option Control : UEFI
      5.       Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disable
      6.       Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
      7.       Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto
      8.       Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
      9.       Chipset → Vt-d : Enabled
      10.   Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
      11.   Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled
      Dedicated graphics card:
      1.      Peripherals → Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
      2.      Chipset → Integrated Graphics : Enabled
      Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated :128M   
      Wake for Ethernet Network access - Unchecked
      Enable Power Nap - Unchecked
      First step:
      I have a perfect Sierra 10.12.6 working on my HP Z800 witch i use to clone to one SSD
      Second step:
      Delete old EFI on cloned SSD and put the new one from here:
      Adjusted Kexts and Config.plist for my Rig:
      Kext Folder:
      FakeSMC.kext + Sensors Kexts
      Thread step:
      connected new cloned SSD on the SATA port and Sierra started up and working.
      Fourth step:
      regulary updated to HighSierra 10.13.3 running installer from App folder.
      Fifth step:
      Cloned Sierra SSD to NVMe SSD 960 Evo 500GB
      Made changes to BIOS & Config.plist to become hardware encoding acceleration  in FCPX and HEVC support:
      BIOS Gigabyte:
      §  Chipset → Integrated Graphics : Enabled
      §  Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated :128
      §  Peripherals → Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
      1.       Inject Kexts is set to Yes
      2.       In Boot Under Custom flags added:
      Nvidia users: shikigva=60
      3.       Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake Users:
      In Devices Using Nvidia 
      - Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120003
      DSDT Patching:
      1.       HECI -> IMEI Patch
      1.       Comment: change HECI to IMEI
      2.       Find* [Hex]: 48454349
      3.       Replace [Hex]: 494d4549
      2.       GFX0 -> IGPU Patch
      1.       Comment: change GFX0 to IGPU
      2.       Find* [Hex]: 47465830
      3.       Replace* [Hex] : 49475055
      3.        PEGP -> GFX0 Patch
      1.       Comment: change PEGP to GFX0
      2.       Find* [Hex]: 50454750
      3.       Replace [Hex]: 47465830
      I think that in my Config.plist (used EFI from here https://hackintosher.com/guides/high-sierra-install-full-guide/  and edited by me)
      are the double entries, but i am not shure and i dont wont to make a mess myself.
      It is beter to leave it to the profis like Maldon!
      Maldon, i have attached my Send me iMac_4FX.zip file generated with RunMe.app
      Can you post the list of maded Patches for this RIG please.
      THX in advance
      Send me iMac_4FX.zip