please help me

djtd

12 posts in this topic

I want to install osx on my pc but not sure if it can be done.

My specs are

Mobo - asus p5n e-sli Ram - 12gb Cpu - intel q6600 core 2 quad Grafix - nvidia 8600GT

What are my options if any?

Thanks

Tony.

You can use myhack, that's your best option. You will be able to run Lion perfectly. Just search a DSDT for your motherboard witch are plenty and you're good

To

Go

You can use myhack, that's your best option. You will be able to run Lion perfectly. Just search a DSDT for your motherboard witch are plenty and you're good

To

Go

Sorry to be a complete newbie but what's myhack and a dsdt?

Myhack is a way to install osx just google myhack and go

To his website. It has a great noob tutorial. And DSDT, you don't need to know what it does, just search the matching file on the web and copy it to the root of your Mac hd after install

Thanks for your replies jack will have a go today and see if i can sort it.

Much appreciated.

Tony

Ok now im confused. Its saying i need to drag the myhack dmg to applications but my pc is still on windows. really Confused

There are lots of guides, just read over them.

Your best solution is to download i Boot, bun that to a CD, boot off of your cd-rom and and swap i boot cd for your snow leopard install disc.

Some basic termonology for you to understand:

Kext = driver (sort of)

bootloader = pre operating system booter

SL = Snow Leopard

i Boot is a from of a boot loader that will let you start the install process, once you've got OSX installed on your HDD you can install a boot loader on the HDD so you don't need the boot cd any longer.

You need a 2nd hard drive if you want to dual boot windows/mac osx.

My opinion is to have 3 drives. 1 drive for windows, 1 drive for your OSX install, and 1 drive for your osx backup so you can tweak things and if you break it, you can restore.

I personally used 2 internal drives for Win 7/OSX, and 1 usb driver for backups.

Is there no way of actually doing this without having a mac already?

There are a plethora of guides out there that tell you how to do it. I have 0 mac experience, never owned or used a mac as of 3 weeks ago..., I have a working OSX Lion laptop sitting in my lap as I type this. All done from a Windows PC. (well getting SL working).

1) don't ask if you can pirate SL or Lion. They costs $30 bucks.

2) you won't get help if you talk about pirating SL or Lion (notice how you got no replies once you brought up piracy)

3) Do some research and try to learn some things on your own. I did it, most everyone else here has. We don't mind helping you, but we don't want to answer questions that have been answered hundreds of times before.

There are a plethora of guides out there that tell you how to do it. I have 0 mac experience, never owned or used a mac as of 3 weeks ago..., I have a working OSX Lion laptop sitting in my lap as I type this. All done from a Windows PC. (well getting SL working).

1) don't ask if you can pirate SL or Lion. They costs $30 bucks.

2) you won't get help if you talk about pirating SL or Lion (notice how you got no replies once you brought up piracy)

3) Do some research and try to learn some things on your own. I did it, most everyone else here has. We don't mind helping you, but we don't want to answer questions that have been answered hundreds of times before.

As you may be able to tell from my profile i do actually own a mac and do own a both leopard and lion (retail) i didn't mention piracy.

I have managed to get lion on to my system but i can't get my internet to work :-(

Ok i have 3 hard drives.

So if i download a retail snow leopard or lion and burn to disc would that work?

As you may be able to tell from my profile i do actually own a mac and do own a both leopard and lion (retail) i didn't mention piracy.

I have managed to get lion on to my system but i can't get my internet to work :-(

Why would you need to download and burn a disc if you own retail copies already?

Good luck with your build.