Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

24 posts in this topic

I have found something weird with the backlight function, well it's works fine, but the max brightness level isn't enough (about 80 or 90%)

When the Mac wakes from sleep, the Brightness becomes higher than before (100%)

In IOReg, i watched the "AppleBacklightDisplay", his property "IOPowerManagement" has 2 values before the standby : (CurrentPowerState & MaxPowerState)

After the Wake, the property "IOPowerManagement" has 3 values : (CurrentPowerState, DevicePowerState & MaxPowerState)

The Mac is under Ac Power not Battery, my DSDT is Patched.

Any Ideas ??

Thank you.

Very interesting, sure many people have the same report. And another example, when I put the display to sleep, or goes automatically to sleep (only the LID screen device) and wake up, it show three values. Not before. BUT maybe is normal? should be the expected behavior in a genuine macbook pro or Air with the HD 3000 GPU? Therefore, I think we need to compare IOREGS, before sleep and after wake, from the MBP8,1 and/or MBA4,2 of course running Lion.

Mine is 8,1 Smbios definition.

I Found another weird thing !!

When i keep my mac only on AC adapter (i remove the battery) and i (re)boot, once i'm on desktop, going to system preferences --> Energy saver. i can see that the tab is on Battery !!! and as mentioned the display sleep is in 2min, to verify that, i do nothing and about 2min the display sleep comes. When i plug the battery,the tab change to AC Adapter !!! :| (Normally is the contrary should be happen)

I think that something wrong in my DSDT :worried_anim:

If you keep the Ac & Battery and u close the clamshell, after wake, it becomes normal, and the backlight is higher.

hi tux fire-have a question: how did you work wireless 1701? Can u help me with DSDT I have the same laptop but have I3 cpu. Ty

I found another weird thing, always battery removed, i put the mac only on AC Power, once on desktop, i check the system properties, the mac show me that the actual source of power is the battery !!!

that explain why i don't have the normal backlight, because after the standby, the backlight become normal and the mac show me this time the actual source power is AC power.

Do you think that the problem is Battery Kexts or from DSDT ?

Ya I got the same problem on my hp pavillion dv 6 quad core i7 . my backlight display is slightly lower than fully supportes , but when i sleep and get it to wake up the display brightness is complete as in dual booted windows

can someome help

the problem is that the mac when boot, doesn't check the power statue, and automatically set it to battery. i think it's a DSDT problem but where ?

did u try talking in irc channels or on tonymac . i was so happy to have qe/ci and gr8 1920 x 1080 resolution but then the backlight problem ,yuhhhhhhhhhhhhh

come on someone find a solution

if i remember right the backlight is alrite on boot screen so probably its with dsdt which i have patches as hp DV6T GENERIC from olarila

i have hp pavillion dv6 quad core with i7 2670 . i can only run it with chameleon , some problem which i could never solve is to get it woking with chimera .

there are so many posts on hd 3000 that say to install chimera because it suppirts intel hd 3000 natively and works without any dsdt or kext edits .

have u tried installing chimera .

belive me i am 24 hours into getting our problem solved out

ya i think confirmed the source now

without using snb framebuffer kext the backlight is 100%

when it loads we have the problem

so we require modified kext or some other solution i dont think its the dsdt

don't worry i use the latest chimera v1.9.2, and i have a native support for my HD3000 (except the pool error in the console)

For the SNB frame buffer, if i delete it, i can't boot correctly, it show me just SNB Framebuffer did not show up, kext unload and the screen still here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now