11 posts in this topic

ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

SSD 120GB Corsair SATA 2.5", Force 3 Series

Corsair 8GB (KIT) DDR3 VENGEANCE 1,5V CL9 RED

ATI HD4850 RADEON 1024MB

I've been trying for days to find the right version to install on my PC but failed. Therefore I'm turning here to find help with it. I'd really appreciate exact links to specific .isos or download that you know from experience works with the hardware I've attached. The latet try was the iPC 10.5.6 iso which froze in the installation at this part:

"USBF: 0,454 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF 0.454 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF 0.454 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0082007

USBF 0.454 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x10001 - writing OSOwned

USBF 0.566 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

USBF 0.579 USBLETCTLSTS value c0082007 "

I also tried the Hazard 10.6.6 version and the problem with this one was that first of all the Apple logo appeared and it starte loading, but after a while the no symbol (the red ring with a line diagonally through it) appeared over the apple logo and it froze there.

Help is really appreciated!

Regards

(I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong category or something, I'm new to this forum and new to the hackingtosh thing)

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Warez links removed

the best way is to use a real retail DVD of snow leopard then update via thumbdrive to 10.7, i installed about 8 PC's / Laptops that way

you need a CD called i boot, so snow leopard is the first OS X thats upports intel so u can install it on ANY intel, its not just a fake sh*t like i atkos and all that its REAL OSX!

You can easily do dualboot, as u se in my signature i have 3OS's installed, you can make partitions while setup with disk utility

Use this Tutorial

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/######-######-install-mac-os-x-on.html

Hmm I'll see if I can get my hands of a OSx real cd, but I doubt it. Does anyone knows a working .iso download if I won't be able to find myself a valid osx cd or will I be screwed? I should also add that I have windows 7 already installed, although I've got a 2nd hard drive of 500gb where I made a 15gb non formatted partition.

you can buy an original retail DVD for $25 in every apple store, and these .isos in the net are really not the best way to do it

Alright, well I live in a very small town in Sweden so we don't have Apple stores here. :P But I just ordered a retail copy (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, is this the right one?) from their website for 45$ so hopefully that will work.

$45 holy mother of..... but yes its the correct one

Thanks for your help. I have now ordered it and it should arrive withing a week. I'm just wondering. I already have Windows 7 installed and I wonder if it works to install Snow Leopard 10.6 on another hard drive and keeping the Windows 7 installation?

Regards

yes it works best in physically separate hard drives, not partitioned hybrid..

make sure the osx is in disk utility, partitioning, advanced.. clicked on GUID

for windows 7 its MBR (done in windows 7 setup)