Q about sharing itunes on the go..

boelle

3 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is the wrong place but my Q is reaaly simple:

I drive taxi for a living and wan't to have my entire itunes collection with me and then use either an iphone or ipad to access it.

I first looked for some harddrive options.. ie a small router and then a networked drive and an inverter to power it all...

My luck is that the whole thing can be stored away in a small backpack (or i will simply mount it on a board and store that) in the boot, where also a 12V socket is located, just next to the pocket where I will store it.

When off duty, I will simply disconnect 12V and take the stuff with me.

Of course I could just load up some stuff before I go from home, but then what if my mood is for something different?

What options are there? it must be something that can handle instant power cuts and start up every time... the car will cut those 12V sockets if battery goes to low

hit me with ideas

my data plan at home are hefty (no limit) its my work end that is the trouble... most mobile broadband options here are 10 or 20 GB in limit and then they shut off for the month.... that is why i thought that having a portable harddrive and some router with build in itunes server could do the trick....

maybe this one: http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/goflex-satellite/

got the link from tonymacx86 forum....