getting grub off my mbr, for lion duel boot

Acro_Design

5 posts in this topic

Hi i have ubuntu 12 lte and want to get it onto my chameleon boot list. my grub was installed on my mbr and then osx and chameleon overwrite it. so now i can boot into ubuntu live cd but how do i fix the problem. i want to get grub onto dev/sda 2, :) Thanks

Do you have Windows Vista or 7 installed? If you do, let EasyBCD manage your multi booting.

Grub2 is one of the buggiest pieces of {censored} ever.

Else get rid of Ubuntu and, if you must use Linux, use a distro made with some common sense, like Debian.

Hey yeah i decided a fresh install of ubuntu would be a good idea. i didn't notice the new installer had the grub installation option along with the partition tables instead of a separate window. I'm testing ubuntu because i have not used it since natty. let me say just one thing, there are signs of improvement and could see this as a viable secondary os as i am not to attached to it compared to lion. I'm now officially ditching windows as i see a chimera of an os coming to ruin windows for good. its called windows 8.

i have been looking at fedora 16 if ubuntu doesn't work out or mint as this is getting massive hype at the moment.

The thing is i have a very stable lion now and want to have a backup that can interact with a mounted hfs+ partition and also access the internet so i can look around for solutions for osx if it does fail. i could use a second lion install but id rather have an os that is independent. i can also use wine (i love hate it) to get a few windows programs i like going.