InsanelyMac Forum
Mustafa Can

Need Help About HP Pavilion g6-1095st

Then I have no idea as to why it suddenly can't find the root device when it could previously. I can only think that a reinstall is necessary. That involves:

Posting 1 for the basic installation

Posting 6 to move the Intel kexts to get past the "DSMOS has arrived" hang

Posting 17 to adjust sound

Posting 18 to fix permissions on VoodooHDA.kext after performing posting 17.

Then, if all is working, try the new ethernet fix in posting 22.

Advertisement

I reinstalled whole system yesterday.

But new ethernet fix is not working... :( my other pc (windows) says I need to change my ethernet cable but it's working on windows...

Well, the last idea I have for ethernet is another driver. On the bottom of this page, download the STABLE package installer. Put it on your Desktop and double-click it to install it. After it is done, you will notice a folder on your Desktop where it removed the previous fix and the Apple default drivers. Reboot -v -f cpus=1 busratio=23

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

No, as I said, it will remove the older one and put it in a folder on your Desktop. Also, you'll have a selection of two different versions. Check the first version.

Installed it... Ehernet light shows up and my other pc (windows) no longer says "Ehernet cable is not connected" But I can't see Ethernet in System Preferences > Network

Nope. There are no ethernet there the choices are: Bluetooth DUN, VPN, PPPoE, 6-4

Make it... 2 things has changed.

In Verbose mode mac os x now says "ATI Card POSTed. Reading BIOS from legacy space" It says "Unsupported ATI Card!" before the update.

Also, System Information displays my ati card's name correctly. "AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series"

But still no QE/CI :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now