[Solved]Weird Black screen issue[Solved]

80 posts in this topic

In sound settings - output…is there an output there you can select and see if any sound comes out? Select each one in turn because sometimes sound comes out of the wrong connector.

It has been reported before that booting into Windows and then back into OSX will activate some devices that normally can't work with the OSX driver.

I see three options here:

1. Internal Speakers (Built-in)

2. Headphones (Headphone port)

3. Digital Out (Optical digital-out port)

Out of these, I can choose settings for first two but when I select Digital Out it shows "The selected device has no output controls".

So, click on the Internal Speakers and then go and click the slider in the menu bar and see if you hear a click.

Then try it with the headphones - the headphones may come out of the built-in speakers - it has happened before.

OK, here is a 2-fer

3rd attempt at sound

Go to /System/Library/Extensions and remove the following kexts:

ALC662.kext

AppleHDA.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

Then download and install the file in this posting:

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2606

==========================================================

PS/2 2nd attempt

Go to /System/Library/Extensions and remove the following kexts:

ACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

GenericPS2Keyboard.kext

Then download and install these files:

PS2-MB - http://www.mediafire.com/?jpmcbvxw70hxdy9

Try an experiment, I think I read about this somewhere.

Go to /System/Library/Extensions and find ApplePS2Controller.kext. Right-click on it and select Show Package Contents. Find the Contents folder. Open that and find the Plugins folder. Open that and find ApplePS2Trackpad.kext. Delete ApplePS2Trackpad.kext.

Boot -v -f

On the first Reboot I was welcomed by a kernel Panic while it booted normally the second time. PS/2 Mouse is still not working. Idk, somewhere in verbose mode where the code is running across a black screen, I saw a message PS2Mouse.kext (or something similar, don't know exactly) could not be loaded and there was an error message in a bracket.

Maybe it's a permissions thing on PSMouse.kext. I know you performed the permissions operation.

Open Terminal

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins
Type:  sudo chown -R root:wheel PSMouse.kext
(give your password -- the cursor won't move -- just type the password and press <Enter>)
Type:  sudo chmod -R 755 PSMouse.kext

There, that sets the permissions on PSMouse.kext. Give it another boot with -v -f

1. App Store - all I can say is try it. But I'm serious about the ethernet thing. The prescribed way to get the App Store to work is to declare EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and to actually have your ethernet card recognized by OSX as the 1st network device. If it is recognized as 2nd device behind wireless, you can't access the store. Since you don't have ethernet, you may never be able to access the App Store from that computer.

2. Kernel panics - gotta take a picture of what it says and post it so we can figure out what is causing it - if it gives enough info to determine that.

Ethernet card - what I would do is go to the Wiki for components under Lion and look for working ethernet cards and what they had to do to make them work. One series of ethernet card which has been around for a long time is the 8169 and Apple removed support for that from Lion. So the work-around is to go to 10.6.8 and get the kext out of IONetworkingFamily.kext and stick it into the Plugins folder of the Lion IONetworkingFamily.kext. It also depends upon whether you have PCI or PCIe slots in your computer.

Unfortunately, the browser is in the way of the good stuff. Performing a Google search gave all sorts of possible problems. Did you install the old driver for the wireless? One person speculated wireless could do it. Another had the problem and needed to reseat his RAM.