So close yet so far ... what does this install log mean?

3 posts in this topic

After spending days trying to install dp2 to my acer 5742z i've finally managed to get past "dsmos has arrived" and arrived at the graphic installer -- fwiw the finally step to do so was I needed to delete all ML AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts.

So now, after days at this, I can finally select a partition to install ML on, but immediately after doing so and clicking the install button I get a blank grey screen and then crash into the Installer Log. Seems I can't load a core service, but I can't make much sense out of it ... is this an OpenCL problem or something else?

Regardless, can anybody provide any suggestions of how to proceed? I've tried with and without an AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext that is working in my 10.7.2 installation. I've tried with a new AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext for 10.8 (both with and without a natit.kext). I've tried with GraphicsEnabler set to both Yes and No.

I am using clover as a boot loader. I am using an i7 620m with integrated gpu. I have no idea what to try next. I have attached my Installer log files to this post if anybody can help?

Installer Log 14-Apr-2012.txt

Edited by clueless1

I'm in the same situation. I've attached my log. Can anybody give me some advice to figure out the problem?

Thanks.

Szokolov

UPDATE:

Finally I can install ML with the original OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg. See this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277226&view=findpost&p=1807971

Installer Log 16-Apr-2012.txt

Edited by szokolov