Audio, Network and CD Drive Not Working Properly

Harvey

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Finally i installed OS X on my pc, but i have a few problems, i am using an Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 with built in sound and networking cards which are not working and also my Phillips DVD-RW isn't working properly because it won't open when i press the button.

Could someone please help me as i am pretty stuck what to do and yes i have used the search and didn't find anything that helpful. Also i have tried to use the Wiki sound guide but that wasn't very helpful as it doesn't really tell you what you have to do.

Thanks Harvey

first the OB NIC won't work, it's ULI, put in a cheap realtek 8139 or 8169. as for sound, do some search on this site. To open your ODD, drag the Disc into the Trash bin, then your tray will open, this had been the design of mac for a long long time. ;)

Ok thanks for replying i didn't realise thats all you have to do to open the disk drive, how do you put the trash can on the desktop? I have done some searching on this site for my audio and i can't find anything i tried to use this guide: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio but when i get to step 5 i just get stuck as i don't know what to do.

Thanks Harvey