iAtkos L2 Booting Issues

Mr Nipples

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have managed to install snow leopard (Hazzard's 10.6.6i) on two pc's including my current one that i want to get lion on. However, Lion is becoming a real issue for me! I cant install off a usb because when i do the keyboard doesnt work (must be a bug in the bios) so I am using an iAtkos L2 DMG.

I had some issues involving 'waiting on root device' but i have now managed to get past this by swapping the sata port my dvd drive is plugged into and i'm currently stuck on an 'launchctl.c 2408' error. I have tried everything to get past this, I changed my smbios.plist to an aprropriate setup,

i've tried tons of bootflags and I also installed chameleon and PCEFI 10.6 and copied the boot file from 10.7 to the root of the dmg and then burned but still no luck! Any ideas?

Sometimes when I boot I get a 'USBMSC identifier non-unique' but very rarely and 'USBBootFix=yes' doesn't seem to fix that.

If i install PCEFI to a mounted (read/write) DMG and burn it is that just the same as installing it to a memory stick? Just wondering because i know that some files such as boot0 go onto the mbr and I dont know if DMG files take MBR into account? Thanks in advance!

Also, if the disk i burn on is scratched, could that be why I am getting this error?

pc specs please, check if your hardware specifications are compatible with lion.

instead of distros if you can install vanilla thats much better.

if you have any usb hub lying around try and see if it detects your lion install usb and keyboard.

use one system chameleon or pcefi, don't mix them.

what are your bios settings?? lion needs ahci mode to boot.