Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DjrikyX

RTL8139 Not Working - 10.6.8

1 post in this topic

Hi, i'm running SL 10.6.8 on my desktop..

Specs:

Mobo: Asus P5L-VM 1394

CPU: Intel Core Duo E4300 @ 1.8Ghz

RAM: A-data 1GBx2 667 DDR2

GPU: Geforce 9500GT 1gb (1680x1050, QE/CI)

PCI Ethernet: RTL8139/810x

Everything works, except Ethernet..

First of all i can only boot in 32bit mode, if i try to boot with arch=x86_64 just freeze on the grey apple screen.

All kext i found seems to be 64bit only..

I got them from osx86.net and there are a lot of kext for this card there, from description some are also for 32bit but none is working for me. When installing them, during repairing permission i get a popup that tell me the extension cannot be registered because has failed to load.. and also rebooting they do not load.

So, i tried with another hard disk, where i have 10.6.7 without any kext for my machine, and boot fine in 64bit mode, and my ethernet is working, then just to see, i booted in 32 bit mode, and ethernet was obviously not working.

So, i need a 32bit kext for my card, or fix my 10.6.8 to boot in 64bit..

can you help me? is all day i try to make work this card.....

Thank you

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RogerDodger93
      Salve a tutti ragazzi,
      Mi sono appena iscritto e innanzi tutto vorrei esprimere la mia gratitudine per l'aiuto offerto. Il mio problema come da titolo riguarda il mio Pavilion Power 15 più precisamente il modello cb015nl. Ho notato che c'era un altro topic su un modello simile ma immagino che anche se i modelli sono simili non è detto che siano compatibili quindi ne ho creato uno per il mio modello. Per arrivare al dunque, sono riuscito ad installare con successo Mojave 10.14 ma ho riscontrato diversi problemi una volta avviato l'OS. Quello che non riesco a far funzionare è l'indicatore della batteria, il power managment (Stop non funziona e la luminosità), la porta ethernet e credo che la scheda wifi sia incompatibile, le gesture del trackpad, e l'audio che con una scheda audio esterna funziona a meraviglia e l'ultimo grosso problema è che non riesco a far partire clover senza la usb di installazione, ho installato clover bootoader sull'hd dove ho mojave ma niente senza la usb mi parte il bootloader di hp/windows. Premetto che sono partito con una copia di mojave scaricata dall'appstore. Vi allego il report di HackInfo sperando che possa essere d'aiuto per il troubleshooting
      HackInfo_Report.zip
    • By sirlong
      First of all, the attached driver works with the hardware with the following ID (Windows):

PCI \ VEN_10EC & DEV_8139 & SUBSYS_813910EC & REV_10

Tested on Mavericks, and the same kext works on High Sierra perfectly. Therefore, by simple logic, it must work in any of the intermediate versions.

I add a working proof in High Sierra.

Install in /S/L/E and in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other eventually.

PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext.zip
    • By Hervé
      Recompiled v2.3.6 sources in fat-binary mode (Xcode 3.2.6, SDK 10.6, Target OS X 10.6). Fully supported in 32bit and/or 64bit mode under all OS X/macOS versions from Snow Leopard 10.6 to Mojave 10.14.

Edits:
      Nov 16th, 2018: updated description to extend support to Mojave 10.14
    • By wado729
      Here's my build
      CPU: i7-8700k
      MB: MSI Z370i Gaming Carbon AC
      RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix

My internet chipset is Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN controller and I am using version 2.4.0d0 of IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

I am paying for gigabit down speeds but I am not getting on my hackingtosh. My windows work CPU gets speeds up to 900mb/s but my hackintosh tops out at around 490-510mb/s. It's been like this on 10.13 and 10.13.6. Both machines are not using wi-fi when testing speed, they are both going straight into my router.

Anybody else have this issue?
    • By EWaffle
      Hey guys, I have a ridiculously convoluted issue. Take a seat.

I am trying to use Logic Pro X on a 2012 Mac Mini I have, but I currently have Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, and will need to update to Sierra 10.12. However, I realize I need to update to a newer OS such as El Capitan in order to be able to update to Sierra. Except I cannot sign into the App Store. I am greeted with an error message along the lines of "this computer or device cannot be verified." So I did some digging and it seems to be because my Ethernet port and Wifi don't work. I use a USB Wifi adapter to get around this but now it seems like I finally have to fix it for good so I can get into the App Store to get these updates I need.

In System Preferences > Network, I do not see Ethernet or Wifi listed. Only my USB Wifi Adapter and Firewire. In System Profiler > Hardware > Ethernet Cards, it says, "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."

I'm pulling my hair out over here to get Logic Pro X on this computer, that's all that I really want, and that's all I want this computer to do. If you can help, God bless your soul.