iAtkos l2 Windows deleted Bootloader!

4 posts in this topic

Could someone please help me!? I partitioned my hackintosh HDD thinking that I could install windows on it. Windows deleted my bootloader and I can't get back into OS X! I had a really important file in there that I need to get back! How can I get back into OS X?! I tried to find the bootloader but I always find .pkg files and I have no idea what to do with those in Windows. I still have the iAtkos l2 disc but I don't know how to use it as a bootloader. Does anyone know what I can do?!

iAtkos L2 uses chameleon as its bootloader. Stick the disk in -> when it pops up press f8 to go into options -> select the partition you installed mac to -> it should boot into mac.

Once in mac use chameleon standalone installer pkg to reinstall bootloader which will let you choose between osx and windows at startup.

Learn to backup your data!

This is of course provided when you partitioned the drive you didn't wipe the os x partition.

• Like 1

iAtkos L2 uses chameleon as its bootloader. Stick the disk in -> when it pops up press f8 to go into options -> select the partition you installed mac to -> it should boot into mac.

Once in mac use chameleon standalone installer pkg to reinstall bootloader which will let you choose between osx and windows at startup.

Learn to backup your data!

This is of course provided when you partitioned the drive you didn't wipe the os x partition.

Thank you so much!!! I'm typing this in OS X!