InsanelyMac Forum
iBatt

GTS 250 Black Problem

ok so i have searched and search for this problem found a few threads old ones and none of it works, my problem is this. i have a 17 2600K with a giogabyte UD3H-B3 board everything works the 3000 GPU fine, but i have my GTS 250 card 1GB and it jsut wont work on lion, it used to then i bought a new monitor and updated my mac ad now after the grey apple screen my monitor goes black then sleep, it works fine in SL but not in Lion 10.7.3 i had tried so many things and nothing will work. when i boot into mac using my 3000 the Mc sees the graphics but gives no info on just name, and Vram 1mb lol which isnt right here is a pic. can anyone get this to work PLEASE, the 3000 sucks lol. liek i said if i try to use it as a primary when booting up i can black screen after grey out apple

ScreenShot.png

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Osira
      Been a while since me and a pal managed to turn a couple of dell mini 9s into leopard netbooks and then kill them with 10.5.8   and thus it's so good to see there is still a thriving community here ... hoping you can help me

Does anyone know if your group's nvidia webdriver updater will successfully flash the ROM in the non-approved (by Apple!) 8800 GTS (the GT was approved, but not the GTS) - so it will work in a mac pro 3,1 with El Capitan ? (by 'work' I mean 100% fully work - not just login screen but all boot screen options)

May seem an odd thing to do but amongst my other projects keeping this behemoth (3,1 intel xeon 8 core 8GB RAM 2008/9) mac pro with bootcamp running as something more than just a home NAS (4x4TB drives in the bays) and file server is high up my list and I am never going to be able to stump up the cash for an apple $$$ approved card 

Things I think I know, but suspect some folk here will have found a way around or know better;

1) without flashing, I will never get the options at boot, or be able to see SUDO or recovery options

2) I can use screen sharing / VNC viewer / Vine to remote into the mac at the login screen, and use startup disk prefs to switch between bootcamp and OSX, but not OSX DVDs on an external DVD over USB 

3) I have been pointed at netkas but they seem to be down currently ... and when last up appear to be focused on flashing just the high end newer PC gaming cards (1GB VRAM and up) - this 8800 GTS is just a 320mb)

Any info will be much appreciated, hate binning kit like this ....

cheers
      Andy
    • By Mr. Xtreme
      As the title says my GeForce GTS 450 Stops at iobluetooth missing. I'm using Clover bootloader.  I've used this video card on my amd rig with OS X Yosemite and the Chameleon bootloader with boot flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes
      Specs for my AMD Rig
      AMD FX 6300 CPU
      ZOGIS GeForce GTS 450 GPU
      4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Ram
      Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
      WD Blue 10EZEX 1TB HD
      OS X Yosemite OS.

Specs for the machine I'm trying to get this video card to work on are:
      Intel Pentium G2030 CPU,
      ZOGIS GeForce GTS 450 GPU,
      4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Ram,
      Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard,
      WD Blue 10EZEX 1TB HD,
      OS X El Capitan OS.
      Thanks for all help in advance
    • By BLARGiAMdEAD
      Since I updated to Mountain Lion I've been noticing quite a few issues with my GTS 450 graphics card. The computer doesn't sleep, but after waking from display sleep, I either have bizarre tearing issues or a blank grey screen with a mouse pointer and nothing else (in which case I have to reset the computer). The tearing seems to be more common; it primarily seems to affect Safari or the desktop picture. Restarting Safari or logging out fixes it. The old random freeze bug also seems to be back, and I'm experiencing the blue screen on resolution switch that some other people have mentioned. I switched to the DP3 rollback graphics kexts, but that doesn't seem to have changed anything (although everything seems generally faster with them; faster than Lion, definitely). I'm using Chameleon's Graphics Enabler.

• By DiscoDancer
      Hi, I've been using this card for a long time with VGA and no problem has ever occurred. My preferred method to get this card working is GE=yes but i've tried dsdt patch and it works fine as well.

I recently bought a new Monitor with HDMI port and i am trying to make it work in OSX. GE=yes and dsdt patch only gives me VGA, when using HDMI it gives me black screen after apple logo. I did some google search but found no solution. I will be grateful if someone could help me out with this.

I am using Zotac gts250 on lion 10.7.3.

Thanks a lot in advance and please pardon my bad English.
    • By iBatt
      ok so i have searched and search for this problem found a few threads old ones and none of it works, my problem is this. i have a 17 2600K with a giogabyte UD3H-B3 board everything works the 3000 GPU fine, but i have my GTS 250 card 1GB and it jsut wont work on lion, it used to then i bought a new monitor and updated my mac ad now after the grey apple screen my monitor goes black then sleep, it works fine in SL but not in Lion 10.7.3 i had tried so many things and nothing will work. when i boot into mac using my 3000 the Mc sees the graphics but gives no info on just name, and Vram 1mb lol which isnt right here is a pic. can anyone get this to work PLEASE, the 3000 sucks lol. liek i said if i try to use it as a primary when booting up i can black screen after grey out apple