Need a Rock Steady Notebook reccomendation, or whatever is closest

electronicmaji

2 posts in this topic

I'm setting up a friend with a recording studio, and in order to save some money I'm looking to go with a hackbook instead of a netbook.

I see that the most popular computers around here for hackbooks are Dells. Is this because they are more stable or because they are more of a challenge to get to work?

I really need something with stability when it comes to the USB bus and drivers for additional hardware such as audio interfaces. That's what I'm most worried about working correctly.

Logically I understand that if they work with a normal Macbook, they should work just fine with a Hackbook. But if I buy one and the interface doesn't work I'm pretty much out with no recourse.

So currently what do you reckon is the most stable Notebook to install Mac OSX on? And which has the easiest install process?

You can go for Dell Inspiron R, N5110 with 1702 Wifi card. It comes with Intel HD 3000. I am running 10.7.3 on Dell Inspiron 14R N4110 and EVERY Hardware required to attach an external Audio Interface (USB 2/3) works. I have tried Protools 8.0 LE/Logic-Pro 9 with DIGI 003/MBox-Mini/M-Audio Fast Track Pro etc...Everything works fine, and is rock stable. I used 4GB RAM. You can use 8 GB and 1TB HDD for real studio conditions...