• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
eddiebelfast

10.5.8 & Belkin USB Wireless adapter F5D9050C

1 post in this topic

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 1804, P4 HT 3.2/2gig ram/ 128meg dedicated ATI video with 10.5.8.

To me it's a perfect install, ( I have a Mac so know what it should behave like ) except for one little thing.

The mini pci card isn't recognised so I tried the above mentioned Belkin, which works perfectly on the mac. It installs perfectly on the Acer and works great , however after a reboot it's gone.

If I remove all traces of the install and then reinstall it works. After a reboot the Belkin software tells me," No device found ". I have run kext utilty but nothing works.

I think this is a prob with the USB connection. I have just rebooted, the software showed no device, I removed the adapter and reinserted it and it worked.

Any suggestions?

Fixed. It requires the above, just remove it and wait 5 seconds and then reinsert. It then takes about 15 to 20 seconds to boot. I went into networks and locked it. Then ran repair permissions.