Dear,

i have succesfully installed Osx lion on these components:

-Motherboard: Asrock p5b-de

-Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad q6600

-Asus 4670 HD 1GB

-4 gb ddr2 800

-Sata hd and dvd-writer

-PS2 Keyboard and USB mouse

First i installed Lion 10.7.2 from Usb thumb drive ,then i upgraded to 10.7.3.

I have this dsdt . (The only one i found)

Voodoo HDA 2.7.2 for the audio.

PS2 kext for the keyboard.

IOAtafamily kext modified for ich*

In "extra" folder i have only fakesmc and appleRTC

For chameleon i have this boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x16</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>DType</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

(If i set graphics mode to 1024x768x24 ,during the boot i get black screen and the display say "off scale",but when in osx it works).

However the real problem is i can't get sleep and shutdown to work.

Shutdown don't work. Turns off only the monitor.

And for the sleep mode, i can't awake it.

It's a dsdt problem? who can help me?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks for the package fedd! Just installed lion and putting your dsdt to work right now!

much appreciated mate!!

UPDATE: Computer is extremely stable now! Working great with Lion and is used everyday as a Final Cut / After Effects Production Suite! Shutdown works with fedd's DSDT, thanks again!

I uploaded your package here in case your link goes down, I hope this is o.k. with you...

Asrock P5B-de.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I have the same issue, my pc is restarting instead of shutting down. ( Asrock p5b-de mobo, Lion 10.7.3 )

I put your DSDT file in /extra folder and my pc doesn't boot anymore, it hangs on apple boot screen ( the "loading circle icon" doesn't appear anymore ).

Anyway I have an Acronis Image of my mac partition and I put it back. But I want to make your dstd file to work, the shut down issue is very annoying. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

ps: I have another issue if you can help me. From time to time, when I boot the computer, at apple boot screen, gives me kernel panic. ( in error is something with IOATAFamily.kext ), if I restart pc, then boot normaly. your kext will fix that?

i dont think your dsdt is even picked up by chameleon because its not named dsdt.aml. you're also missing some extensions that are important for lion... or did you install everything in system/library/extensions ?

did you try backuping your extra folder and replace it with mine?

Yes, I replace it with your folder and same result - it hangs on apple boot screen ( the "loading circle icon" doesn't appear anymore ). I have Iatkos L2. And yes, everything is in system/library/extension by default.

i'd suggest you dont use a distro like iatkos! use the original lion install and replace ioatafamily. after boot install ioatafamily to the system and install chameleon, then replace the extra folder with the one above.

this way you know exactly what got modified to make the system run.

here is my preferred guide to get a perfect lion installation partition or usb stick:

http://themacmob.com/how-to-create-a-bootable-hackintosh-ready-lion-usb-drive/

I made a bootable usb flash stick, I use OSX Lion 10.7.4.dmg instead of 10.7, I boot up from the flash, chameleon screen appear, I choose Mac OS X Base system ( witch is my usb drive ), but it freeze at "PCI configuration begin". What is the problem ?

Later edit: If I use "-v npci=0x2000" it freeze at "Couldn't alloc class IOUSBMassStorageClass".

post-860797-0-17272500-1341318486_thumb.jpg

post-860797-0-84548500-1341318496_thumb.jpg

post-860797-0-95445100-1341319431_thumb.jpg

I made another usb flash with OSX Lion 10.7 ( I follow the tutorial you provided ), boot with -v npci=0x2000, but disk utility doesn't see any of my hdd drives ( I have 2 sata hdd drive ). He see only usb flash drive. I replace ioatafamily.kext with yours and disk utility see just one hdd ( the fisrt sata hdd ). I install macosx, but after restart hangs with "stiil waiting for root device". It seems that my computer only work with Iatkos L2 version :))

Ok, so my specs are: cpu Intel dual core E2200, 4 GB ram ( 2 x 2 GB ), two sata 2 HDD drives - first WD 500 GB with 3 partitions 1 - Win 7, 2 - Mac OS X Lion ( Iatkos L2 ), 3- multimedia; - second - 1 TB, two partitions HTFS file system, Geforce GTS450 1 GB ram EVGA, Asus DVD RW - sata 2, mobo Asrock p5b-de.

Please anyone help me to install original OXS Lion. ( On Iatkos L2 shut down=restart, and from time to time I get a panic kernel when I boot up de pc ). Iatkos L2 doesn't seems to use any dsdt. If I put one dsdt in extra folder, my pc freeze at apple logo or in verbose mode at "PCI configuration begin".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made another usb stick with retail OSX Lion 10.7, install was fine, boot was fine. But when I put your dsdt, same {censored} happens, it hangs on "pci configuration begin". -v npci=0x2000 flag doesn't help.

Try to repair the permissions when you put the DSDT.

Also, make sure on the BIOS you have enabled these settings :

Enhanced Sata,ACPI HPET,Speedstep,Enhanced Halt State,USB 2.0,Hyper Threading

Edit:

The hang at "pci configuration begin" depends on your Graphics card.

Try "npci=0x3000" instead of "npci=0x2000"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...