Pre Modded Powermac G5 Cases

6 posts in this topic

PLEASE NOTE: I really wanted to provide pre modded cases for the community. But due to some unforeseen health issues in the family and extra burdens both financially and "time consumingly" I will be unable to provide anymore of these cases, for those of you that have PM'd me I am sorry. I will be creating a topic outlining the progress of my own build shortly. I am sorry, and if the time is ever right to do this again I will, but it is just not possible right now :(

Hey y'all! I have become very much Interested in the powermac g5 modding.

I have severial G5's. I will be modding the first for myself (no cuts) and the rest I have no clue what to do with.

I was wondering how many of you would be interested in them, pre modded ofcorse.

Pricing would go as follows:

$250 for standard case modded for full ATX with front panel cable and All System fans pre wired.

$300 for all above plus rear IO from orig motherboard to atx headers

$350 for all above plus a 550 Watt 20/24 pin ATX PSU with either 4/8 pin CPU modded in the orig PSU casing.

All prices are subject to shipping charges Unless you are in Southern California and Local Pickup is an option..

How many think this is a good price? If so how many would be interested. At the moment I have the ability to make 2 but will think about making more.

Just for reference a nice aluminum (ugly) case from newegg runs you $250

(P.S. These are all Late 2005 G5 Models and the Blower is removed to allow clearance for the Motherboard.)

Let me know.

UPDATES: I have started working and have gotten the case cleaned all out and the motherboard in for test fitting (This is an old ATX P4 Board and ATI Card)

post-538112-0-57100800-1333137025_thumb.jpg

I also notice that the rear fans will need some modification done because of the motherboard connectors

post-538112-0-68511300-1333136438_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Show effects of Your work - there are many modded G5 cases and we can divide them into beautiful and ugly ones ;-).

Would be happy with $350 model if it will be made perfect and if international shipping will be available ;-)...

I am currently Working On my Own... I must agree that there are some mods that are pretty bad! My father and I both machine things and have built many computers. I suspect this may be a long process (2 or 3 Months) but I will be posting picture as I make way here!

International shipping will be made available via FexEx or UPS depending on which is cheaper at the time. I will only charge what the Shipping Company will charge me.

I agree that Most look HORRIBLE!!!!!

People spend hours upon hours of work on their machines, and take the time to take pictures and write about their success and failures. We did not hire you to scream at us that we did horrible jobs. I think I speak for "Most" of the community.

People spend hours upon hours of work on their machines, and take the time to take pictures and write about their success and failures. We did not hire you to scream at us that we did horrible jobs. I think I speak for "Most" of the community.

I am not screaming at anyone... I was simply stating my opinion. I think that a lot if not most of the PowerMac G5 mods look very bad. I am not saying that there is an issue with that. I am just saying that some people don't know how to machine things with precision. That is not bad either, there are many thing that I cannot do because I simply don't know how. In those instances I turn to people that do.

That is the way this community works... all of us coming together to help each other for the better good. I have extra G5's lying around and just wanted to know if people would want to buy them pre-modded.

So I am sorry that you feel that way, and all of my comments where neither meant to hurt anyone's feelings nor direct that post to anyone in particular. I will change my original post to better reflect what I was trying to say to avoid further confusion.

• 1 month later...