[Solved] 10.8 showing 32bit kernel. but everything else is 64bit

Ripkon

10 posts in this topic

check your boot.plist for arch=i386, if there remove it. also check system profiler "software" and see if it says 64bit kernel yes or no there, incase it's just a bug in kakewalk on 10.8. use boot flag to force 64 bit, or if all still works then don't worry

OK, they changed that screen, probably with DP2, mines the same, docent say one way or another if kernel is 32/64, which may be messing with kakewalks output. if you go down a couple lines to the extensions tab and see what's loaded, are any 32bit? Mine are all 64bit and as far as I know ML will not load 32bit kernel or extension even if you tried. I'll try later.

IF you are going by the System Info screen to check whether you are in 64-bit, then you might be getting confused because MLion SHOULD only boot in 64-bit hence that line is no longer available in the Software tab ...

IF you want to be really sure you are running in 64-bit, open Terminal and type " uname -a "

The line " ... xnu-2050.2.33~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 ... " will indicate you are in 64-bit mode ...

• Like 1

IF you are going by the System Info screen to check whether you are in 64-bit, then you might be getting confused because MLion SHOULD only boot in 64-bit hence that line is no longer available in the Software tab ...

IF you want to be really sure you are running in 64-bit, open Terminal and type " uname -a "

The line " ... xnu-2050.2.33~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 ... " will indicate you are in 64-bit mode ...

Even better, do that:)