Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gabrielw6

[HELP]Installing iAtkos S3 V2 on dell latitude!

1 post in this topic

hello, i am trying to install the s3 v2 in my dell latitude d520, which has the iatkos v7 running(im also happy bout that :) ). I tryied sometimes install s3 v2, and it could just say installation was successful and when i rebooted, it just appeard the screen we don't want after a installation: boot0: done, boot0: error, or other things like this. So i thought, i already seen the files of the installation disk, which have a bunch of kernels,like mach_qoopz, or mach_pcj, so, if the installation disk booted with one of these kernels, it must be one that works on my pc! im a half newbie, so don't say im dumb please, but if i copied (cp) after the installation, in the terminal of the osx install disk, i could make it run! or no. so, anyone help me? thanks

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By yehia2amer
      Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
      Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Introduction: 
      Hi Everyone,
      This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).

Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:
      Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0  
      Not Working:
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep  
      https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide
    • By itsjamielike
      Hello, I am wondering if somebody could help me, I am new to the whole "Hackintosh" system having been a windows fan boy since the day I remember. I have worked In IT the last 9 years but had very limited interaction with OSX and Hackintosh (Managing to Hackintosh a Fuji laptop back in 2011 but not sure how I managed). 
      I am running a Dell E6420. 
      Intel I5 - 2520M 
      10GB ram 
      250GB Samsung SSD
      Nvidia 4200M 
      Alps touchpad 
      Intel Wifi  ( I am aware I will need to change this) 
      Intel Ethernet 82579
      Unsure on Sound device (But it was working I believe with Voodoo)
      I have tried to download a pre made distro that I got to boot up, and install on to my laptop. I found a similar Dell post online (Maybe for a E8420?) and downloaded their EFI files, I then just copied this to my usb stick and deleted the existing EFI folder. This got me to the set up my account screen when i realised my touchpad didnt work (Would scroll and click but not move) and then using a USB one I then realised that my keyboard (that was working on the install screen now doesnt work). 
      I then reinstalled it but this time choosing customise and selecting some options for installed KEXTS and this then got my laptop to boot and get to the create account screen but this time I didnt have any network connection. 
      Third time lucky.... Well I then installed again but selected the above and network adaptors (I tried the Nvidia options too but this didnt work) and then I was able to create an account, browse the internet and start playing about seeing what I could get to work. 
      I then downloaded some Clover tool and I was trying to download some KEXTs for the touchpad and I was using a KEXT installer.. This then was my downfall after this I then (as I had flashbacks to years ago) when I realised I had then broken it... 
      Eventually tried to reinstall but this time I was getting errors on install, I recreated the boot usb and still got errors, I then tried multiple boots and then I would just get a hang screen after loading "voodoobootps2?" or just kernal panic. 
      When I was trying all this I had my laptop set to UEFI (I believe this was incorrect), and I could only boot my laptop when I had the USB still installed, I would boot and then select "run OSX" this would boot fine, but I could never get it to work fine. I then on multiple times tried to boot using non UEFI and Legacy but I would always get KP and never work, Only booting with UEFI was my best chance.  BIOS Settings had been coppied from dare I say.. a youtube video.. So they could be incorrect. 
      I don't have access to a MAC, I do have a copy ready of HighSierra clean and my "tainted" pre edited version. I was installed the imaging to USB using Transmac. I was using CLOVER. 

• By doixanh
      This follows my previous guide for macOS Sierra.

0. What works and does not
      Works
      - CPU power management
      - QE/CI on Integrated Intel HD 4000
      - Keyboard/Trackpad
      - HDMI and LVDS output
      - Audio: Headphone, speaker, HDMI (?).
      - Ethernet
      - Camera
      - Battery info
      - Bluetooth
      - USB

Does NOT work
      - Internal Wifi. Workaround: USB wifi or replace your internal wifi with a supported mPCI-e card.
      - Sleep: does not work with an USB wifi. Workaround: Replace your internal wifi with a supported card.
      - VGA out. Workaround: Use an « active » HDMI to VGA adapter. I use this way to connecting my laptop to projectors.
      - Discrete AMD GPU
      - Card reader. Workaround: Use an external USB card reader.

1. Specs
      My Dell Inspiron 15R SE still has the following specs (I haven't upgraded it since Yosemite) :
      - Intel Core i7 3632QM with Intel HD Graphic 4000
      - 8GB + 4GB RAM (12GB total)
      - 128GB Samsung EVO SSD + 1TB HDD
      - AMD Radeon 7730M, won't be used by any Hackintosh build
      - Full HD 15.4" screen

2. Requirements
      - A Dell 7520, of course
      - An USB Stick, minimum 16GB. Any 16GB should work.
      - A pair of USB Mouse / Keyboard during the installation and fixes (you can use your built in keyboard and touchpad later)
      - An existing Hackintosh (or a real Mac, if you have any )
      - Downloaded «Install macOS Mojave Beta» from App Store.
      - A GPT-partitioned hard drive
      - A 20GB (minimum) partition as the target.
      - Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher

3. Create USB Install. For full guide please see here
      - Boot your existing Hackintosh or real Mac.
      - First you need to be sure that you have downloaded the app «Install macOS Mojave» from App Store
      - Use Disk Utilities to partition your USB stick with 1 partition in GPT mode, and choose «OS X Extended (Journaled)» as partition type. Note: don't use any space in label of your disk.
      - Run Dosdude1's macOS Mojave Patcher, select the installer app, select usb disk as target.
      - Be patient. It's quite slow.
      - Download and install Clover Bootloader v4658 to the usb disk, note to install using EFI boot only
      - Copy attached config.plist to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/
      - Copy attached kexts to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
      - Download NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put it in /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Other/
      - Reboot after finishing creating your USB for installation.

4. Install
      - During boot, press F12 to have boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004 to boot the installation.
      - It should boot directly to the installation UI
      - Select Utilities and Disk Utility.
      - Format your target partition as OS X Extended (Journaled). APFS can be used but it's your own risks
      - Exit Disk utility.
      - Begin the install procedure - it should be there already. Choose your newly formatted partition. Follow the instruction. Wait for a while (in my case I waited around 10 minutes).
      - It will restart your computer as soon as it finishes the file copy.
      - You still need to boot from USB. Hit F12 during boot to show boot list. Choose your USB to start. Set ig-platform-id to 0x01660004, select your installed partition and press Enter.
      - You will be able to see user creation. Follow the instructions on screen. When you get to your desktop, rebuild kernel cache:
      sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -u / - Reboot, you should be able to use both LVDS and HDMI outputs (with default ig-platform-id 01660003, already patched using this guide) with proper kext and config.plist attached.

Welcome to macOS Mojave!

5. Device fixes
      Most of the fixes are included in the attached kext zip.
      5.1. CPU Power Management
      Works fine with macOS Mojave (official version) as long as you use ssdtPRGen.sh as instructed here. Don't forget to delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext afterward.
      5.2. Wifi
      The integrated wifi doesn't work. At all. I used an external wifi dongle TP Link WN725N (v2) for Internet access. After that I replaced the internal wifi with a Atheros AR5B29 and it works natively
      If you use this AR5B29, copy the attached AirPortAtheros40.kext into /System/Library/Extensions
      config.plist.zip
      kexts.zip
      AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    • By thomazella
      Hi guys. Just wanted to say this is my new favorite forum for mac hacks

I'm trying to get mojave to work, and using the guide's (moderator made, on the front page) clover folder I ALMOST got it! T.T

There's something still wrong tho. lol.

- Install to a HDD formated as case-sensitive APFS goes black at 2 minutes remaining. Is it supposed to fill the progress bar 100%? If so then I have a problem.
      - Assuming the install went well, I tried to boot to "MacOS Prebooter" from clover screen and got that error.

I have a Z170m ASUS, awesome board. I'm sure it can be done. With Intel 6700k.
      Latest clover. Guide's clover config!!

What do you guys think?
      - mobo config problem
      - other hardware thing (I have many harddrives connected?)
      - clover config
      - need some driver/kext
      - something else

THANK YOU!

PS: I've tried upgrading with the App store download on a Sierra system to arrive in the same screen, with the same error.
      I'll also spend some time today searching the forums. Just busy atm, and thanks for any help or tips!!

• By Masha24
      Hi guys, I've been lurking in the shadows for months trying to learn how to hackintosh this laptop.  Perhaps if anyone has the time, I could use some help getting it to install 

Trying to install High Sierra on this Laptop:

Lenovo Ideapad 110-171KB-80VK (2017)
      Intel Core i5 7200U
      Intel HD 620 Graphics
      Resolution: 1600x900

Elan PS2 Track Pad - [ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0675 - system device -PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D23&SUBSYS_383117AA&REV_21]
      Realtek Network    - [PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_383317AA&REV_07]
      Realtech audio

SATA Controller    - [PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D03&SUBSYS_382F17AA&REV_21]
      USB 3.0 XHC        - [PCI\VEN_808

--- Using Clover *
      --- I'll attach it below.

I can't quite get it to install, and i've been going in circles for months now ...
      I'll attach everything I have so far including, verbose pics, clover preboot, Clover folder, etc.

Here are some photos of the verbose text leading up to the installer, if maybe there is something useful in here?

And now photos of the installer

Above is an image of the Installer log, (the main pop up window loads from about 10 mins and stops arbitrarily at 2 minutes left, every time) of the nearly hundred attempts i have made, this is the final screen i get, pretty much no matter what i do.
      Sometimes the the order of what it says is different , but the main things of interest are:

"Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended journaled."
      "Warning: Couldn't find Board ID, Chip ID, & ECID in new namespace, falling back"
      "Unable to get fs for null"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Applediagnostics.chunklist"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Installfa.plist"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Basesystem.dmg"
      " NO native mechanism to verify AppleDiagnostics.dmg"
      " NO native mechanism to verify InstallESD.dmg"
      " NO native mechanism to verify Basesystem.chumklist"

I have tried many many ... many .. different combinations of kexts, drivers, copies of clover, forks of clover - different copies of drivers and kexts from different sources.. including from all the official repositories.

* I am not trying to install with APFS - the drive i am using is a spinning HDD - so i don't understand the first line quote above.
      * I am using a usb2 slot - there is only two on this machine - 1- usb2 and 1- usb3
      * As you'll see in the Clover folder i'm using APFSdriverloader. - so the installer should detect the installer-APFS-thing - and see it should be HFS+ ?? no?

I'll detail the procedures:

I wiped the Target HDD drive with a live linux USB.
      i prepair the USB with Createinstallmedia method, install clover to the EFI on usb, load kexts and drivers (I've been recently attempting with the Plist from a 'certain other site' Ton*****86) As it has the dvmt preallocation patch and other bits - i'm of course open to ANY other files/pLists .. this is just the one i've been experimenting with lately.)
      Add ' -v ' in clover options to see the verbose output
      in the installer (acts sketchy sorta, delayed and sluggish) i use DiskUtility to erase the drive 'Macos extended journaled'
      Make initial selections, agree to license and begin install.
      it proceeds to 2 minutes left every time, and hangs. many times i've left it for hours, and even overnight.
      I'm honestly not kidding, it's nearly 100 times ive' tried this, i've downloaded high sierra from the app store 5 times to rule out that, i've used countless combinations of everything .. i'm almost completely burned out.

If anyone can shed some light i'll be VERY thankful!... I'm ready to go in a completely new direction...please please please help

I'll put the Clover in the next post because i ran out of space in this one......

Here is the latest clover i've been using, with the preboot, and DSDT/SSDT (F2 & F4) in it.

CLOVER-Oct15.zip

Thank you very much for ANY help you can provide