wake after manual sleep works, but screen dark after wake after auto sleep

todesto

6 posts in this topic

Just when I thought I had it almost perfect system running..... :wink2:

My system sleeps and wakes up without a problem when I manually put to sleep.

but when the system goes to sleep by itself (after whatever the time was set in energy saver), the system goes to sleep, but when I wake it up by pressing key on keyboard or mouse, it wakes up but the screen does not come back.

Currently, I have ACPIMonitor, AHCIportinjector, ElliottForcelegacy, fakesms, radeonmonitor, superIOfamily in extra folder.

I have ATI HD5770 and my OS seems to recognize the card natively and it works fine.

What do I need to get this working or is this normal behavior in hackintosh?

Thanks in advance.

the native detection of ATI HD is a little tricky.

i had issues, the card was detected OOB, but DVD Player crashed at launch, so i went back to graphicsenabler=yes in chameleon

and now my framebuffer=baboon is set.

Maybe thats your problem too ( with sleep)

but check if DVD Player is working

If you're using an ATI card and this issue is related to it then I won't be able to help much because I am a GeForce man ;p

but if the DVD player is fine then It sounds like your EHCI/USBs are likely causing the problem. Do you have a custom dsdt made? If so, your system likely doesn't agree with the setup for those devices and is causing the screen wake hang. Hope it helps :)

Thanks for your replies.

I do have sleepenabler 10.6.8.

My DVD player is working fine.

I am using AMD and ASUS M4A78T-E, so no DSDT is available. I have too many errors and gave up.

I am going to give a shot by changing my flag with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and FrameBuffer set to Vervet manually and going to try it. I will update after.