New Install - Black Screen after update to 10.6.8

fa-mas

5 posts in this topic

Hi, hopeful new osx86 user here. I've gotten so far as to get the Combo Update 10.6.8 installed. But when I go to boot up, it gives me the apple logo and then where it should go to the desktop, I get a black screen instead. Now not a Kernel Panic, it looks like it actually loads, just no video.

Here are my system specs and what I've done.

HP DV6-6100

i7-2720QM w/Intel HD Graphics 3000

8 Gb DDR3

Radeon HD6770M 2Gb

I used i Boot Legacy with flag PCIRootUID=1 to run the 10.6 Retail Installer. It installed just fine. Rebooted using i Boot Legacy without flags and got to run through the setup. Afterwards is where the problem lies.

It's a Sandy Bridge system so I'm running UpdateHelper. Then rebooting using i BootLegacy, again without flags. Ran the 10.6.8 Combo Update. DID NOT REBOOT. Installed 10.6.8 Legacy Kernel. Ran ####### and Installed ########. Then I rebooted. That's where the issue happens.

If I run with the -v flag, everything seems normal, and where it's supposed to kick to the Desktop, It just goes black

I've tried all combinations of boot flags I can think of

-x

pcirootid=1

npci=0x2000

graphicsenabler=no

cpus=1

I can boot to safe mode, but I cannot do anything with keyboard or trackpad.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm running UpdateHelper. Then rebooting using i BootLegacy (...) Ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Then I rebooted. That's where the issue happens.

I think this is a new record, I've never seen anyone use so many TonyMac tools at the same time. You should definitely go to the TonyMac forums for support.

• 1 month later...