ASUS Geforce GTX 560 DC - Problem with Launchpad transition and Performance

Gatsouni

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I have installed an ASUS GTX 560 DC on my pc.

When I use the Launchpad for the very first time (as soon as I log in), it comes up with a slightly laggy transition. If I open Mozilla or Final Cur Pro and then I re-open the Launchpad, then it comes up with a really smooth transition.

I have modified everything regarding the appropriate graphic texts and the boot.plist, in order for it to be recognized by OS X Lion 10.7.3.

The pc specifications are the following.

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard

Asus Geforce GTX 560 DC (Non -Ti)

OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

16 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot guys! :thumbsup_anim:

My dear friend, is there a need to start a reply with an "attack"?

I have read ALL topics regarding the 5xxx series and I cannot install the drivers, because the installer infroms that they cannot be installed on this specific system. I posted this topic because I couldn't find a clear solution and I have formatted my pc over 60-70 times, so as to achieve maximum efficiency and yet I face this problem that I mentioned.

Apart from that I cannot set the system to "Mac Pro" as many claim, because on Asus P8P67 Pro Motherboard it is imperative to set the system on "iMac 12,2", otherwise you get constant kernel panics

That's all from me. Thanks for your time :)

It's not an attack, far from it. If it hurt reading what I wrote then that's your issue, not mine.

I'm pointing you in the right direction. If you don't like my advice then don't follow it, it's up to you.

I'm sending you to the AGPM.kext thread because you are having a power management problem - the clocks aren't ramping up fast enough, this is what causes your launchpad animation to skip the first time and not the second time. You can try to fix this by editing the default values for iMac12,2 in AGPM.kext, or use values from another model identifier, whatever works best.

But before you do anything, install the latest nvidia drivers, people all over are reporting improved support for 5xx series cards.

You don't have to set the system to Mac Pro to install the nvidia drivers - didn't anyone tell you that you can easily modify the installer?

I post this at least once a week here (not an attack either btw)

Copy the installer package off of the disk image, right click, show contents, find distribution.dist, open it in textedit, look around a bit until you find the model identifier stuff. Then replace with iMac12,1 and run the installer. Pronto.

• Like 1

I will try everything you told me and I will keep you posted. As I mentioned with the quotes (""), it was an "attack", not a full scale torrent! ;) No harm intended! I will keep you posted my friend, stay put!

p.s: Where can I find the AGPM.kext thread that you mentioned?

Ah, ok! I have to say: Respect to you! I just modified the official driver to "iMac12,2" and it works miracles. It was that simple answer and I was searching for it for 5 months... Thanks a lot, really thanks!

Best regards!

Sorry for posting again. 2 days after installing the official Nvidia Drivers and since login to OSx, the Launchpad returned to it's previous state and also some of the Dashboard widgets were badly displaying.

Does anybody have any suggestions?