Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Geforce GTX 560 Problematic Transition with Launchpad

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I am a half-noob. A "member" on the process. :hammer:

I have installed an ASUS GTX 560 DC on my pc.

When I use the Launchpad for the very first time (as soon as I log in), it comes up with a slightly laggy transition. If I open Mozilla or Final Cur Pro and then I re-open the Launchpad, then it comes up with a really smooth transition.

I have modified everything regarding the appropriate graphic texts or the boot.plist, in order for it to be recognized by OS X Lion 10.7.3.

The pc specifications are the following.

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard

Asus Geforce GTX 560 DC (Non -Ti)

OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

16 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot guys! Cheers! :thumbsup_anim:

The main problem is that there is not a specific guide for modifying kexts for GTX. Also, something that might work for someone, may not work for someone else... For the funny part, I need to mention that I have restored my PC over 60-70 times, because I was always experimenting, in order to achive maximum efficiency. If someone knows what tweaking process we will have to follow, please give us your guidance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dpgowan
      Greetings! I've been wrestling with this build for about a week now and have it near golden, but I am struggling with the Nvidia graphics card; I purchased the GeForce Gtx 1060 6GB SSC because is was recommended as the go-to card by the TonyMacx86 community on all of their Customac builds, but there doesn't seem to be much support for the card itself. I understand that Nvidia web drivers are relatively new and come with their own issues but I am reaching out to see if anyone has managed to squash these bugs.
      Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Intel Core i7-8700k EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC (3) Elite Display E221 (3 Display Port)  
      The setup is based on Glasgood's build with the following alterations:
      BIOS SettingsPRIMARY DISPLAY = PCIE Clover Kexts Installed to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other Lilu.kext 1.2.1 NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext 1.2.1 DSDT Z370-F (Near identical board to the Z370-E with the exception of the WIFI M.2, but I use a native apple wifi/bluetooth PCI-E card) Custom DSDT by @MaLd0n System Drivers Nvidia Web Driver 378. (17C88) 378. (17C89) 378. (17C205) Nvidia CUDA387.99 ISSUES
      [FIXED] System wont boot into GUI while multiple monitors are connected SOLUTION [bIOS] Update to v0606 [macOS] Update Nvidia Web Driver to 378. (17C89) [FIXED] Glitching and Artifacts during system utilization, randomly SOLUTION See Issue 1 [bUG] Glitching and Artifacts when waking from sleep while one monitor is in use. WORKAROUNDS Turn the monitor OFF and then back ON again Log out and back in again (use the keyboard shortcut "Shift + Opt + Cmd + Q") [bUG] Black screens when waking from sleep while multiple monitors are in use; no recovery. NO SOLUTION [FIXED] Stuck at BIOS loading screen when booting up while multiple monitors are in use; no recovery. SOLUTION [bIOS] PRIMARY DISPLAY = PCIE [bUG] RehabMan's FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext is not reporting correctly (static/maxed values) NO SOLUTION  
      Custom DSDT Disable Hibernate sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage Updated to the latest version of macOS10.13.2 (17C205) Updated to the latest kexts NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext v1.2.1 Lilu.kext v1.2.1 Updated to the latest version of Nvidia Web Driver & Cuda Driver104 (17C205) config.plist.zip
    • By bigben1
      Installing High Sierra 10.13.1 with following specs.
      Mobo=Ga z170x ud5,  f6 bios
      GPU= gtx 1060 6gb
      Ram = 16gb ddr4
      Wifi =TP link,   TL-WDN 4800
      ssd = samsung evo
              anyone having above specs, or close to it should have no problems installing High Sierra os , with everything working fine. those who have Lan line , should enable Lan in bios and install drivers for it.search google please.!!!
      use attached files and instructions.
      files in download section. name:  Ga z170x ud5 files

• By imjohnjo
      Hola de nuevo comunidad!!!
      Hace unos dias hice un tema en el que explicaba que no tenia audio y video, pero hago este nuevo tema ya que el audio lo pude solucionar pero no puedo hacer funcionar mi VGA que como dice el titulo es una GTX 970 de 4GB.
      Les comento que segui la guía de RampageDev, tal y cual como esta en sus DMGs. A la hora de escoger el config.plist del primer paso de la guía Post Instalación con el DMG Haswell (mi procesador es un i54690k) escojo el de la carpeta Standar, que según la guía de Rampage, es para los que no van a usar los Web Drivers de Nvidia

Después de eso continuo con el proceso de la guía y se instala todo correctamente, el audio, red etc. Después de terminar la guía de Post Instalacion del DMG Haswell, reinicio, y todo bien hasta aquí. Ahora mi problema es cual guía tengo que elegir para instalar mi VGA, cual de estas tres guías:

Entre en cada una de ellas, y la opción 1 no es para mi VGA porque es hasta la versión 10.8.2 de OSX, la opcion 2 podría ser para mi 970, pero la versión de drives es hasta la 10.12.4 v2 y ademas yo había elegido el método Standar que no iba a tener los Nvidia Web Drivers. Y la opcion 3 me pide la injeccion de SSDT/DSDT, sigo los pasos de la guía, descargo Ioreg lo instalo, inicio OSX y en Clover elijo la opcion de Inject Nvidia y desmarco la opcion Use Nvidia Web Driver,

y ya en el escritorio abro Ioreg y cuando voy a buscar la opcion especifica que muestra la guía (PCI1@2), no la encuentro, esta linea:

Como dato, tampoco están las lineas anteriores, NPEA@16, NPEB@0, NPEC@5, NPED@5,2, NPEE@5,4. Como así tampoco GFX0@0, AGPM, gpu-control.
      Desde ya agradezco el tiempo para leer y mas todavía si pueden ayudarme!!!
    • By imjohnjo
      Hello again community !!!

A few days ago I did a topic in the spanish forum, in which I explained that I did not have audio and video, but I make this new issue because the audio could solve it, but I can not run my VGA which as the title says is a GTX 970 4GB.

I told them that I followed RampageDev's guide, using their DMGs. When choosing the config.plist of the first step of the guide Post Installation with DMG Haswell (my processor is an i5 4690k) I choose the one in the Standard folder, which according to the guide of Rampage, is for those who do not use the Web Nvidia Drivers

After that I continue with the guide process and install everything correctly, audio, network etc. After completing the Haswell DMG Post Installation Guide, reboot, and everything is fine. Now, my problem is which guide I have to choose to install my VGA, which of these three guides:

I saw each of them, and option 1 is not for my VGA because it is up to version 10.8.2 of OSX, option 2 could be for my 970, but the version of drives is up to 10.12.4 v2 and besides I Had chosen the standard method that would not have the Nvidia Web Drivers. And option 3 asks me for the SSDT / DSDT injection, I follow the steps of the guide, Ioreg download installed it, OSX start and in Clover I choose the Inject Nvidia option and uncheck the Use Nvidia Web Driver option,

Already on the desktop open Ioreg, and when I go to look for the specific option that shows the guide (PCI1@2), I can not find this line:

As an observation, there are also the above lines, NPEA@16, NPEB@0, NPEC@5, NPED@5.2, NPEE@5.4. As well neither GFX0@0, AGPM, gpu-control.

I thank the time to read and still more if they can help me !!!