Creating a FAQ team and subforum

32 posts in this topic

I'd like to create a new subforum containing only FAQs (it will be English only, for the time being).

It will be read-only, except of course for the FAQ team.

In order to do that I need (quite) a few volunteers willing and able to write FAQs.

You can take ideas (or just translate them into good English) from the existing Italian FAQ: http://www.insanelym...p?showforum=204

Of course you can use also this. But not just copy and paste, make sure they don't need updating and that they are still relevant.

What I expect from the FAQ team: you should be quite knowledgeable and your English should be very good.

What you can expect from me. You'll have better permissions than "ordinary" members and you'll belong to a special group, the "FAQ Team". The reasoning behind that is that you must be able to fully edit your own topics.

In any case you'll be supervised by senior members of staff, that is, global moderators and administrators.

Needless to say, the ones who do well can become full members of staff themselves.

Existing members of staff are of course encouraged to take part.

So please apply here if you are interested.

• Like 4

Sure, we can start with English. Nevertheless in my opinion the people in charge of deciding the FAQs should select them taking into account the fact that they have to be common for all the different languages that the forum supports, even if at the beginning they will be available just in English. Let's put it in this way: it may be convenient to tackle the internationalization aspect as a design requirement.

cili0.

In my opinion we could improve the overall result by summing up the contributions of the local teams. What I mean is to plan explicitly a "briefing phase" during which each local team makes its proposals so to maximize the probability to cover every interesting aspect.

As far as I understand you're instead proposing to let each team contribute to the common FAQ section independently (where the only constraint is to avoid writing the same FAQ twice), right?

Mind someone, who has been on the wiki team few years ago, rejoining the community? :wink2:

I can do english, russian and czech texts. But... i need someone to translate the ITA stuff to english for me (i could use google translate and my partial knowledge of french, to produce the text, but i'm afraid it would take too much time).

My reason for rejoin is quite simple, i'm digging Hackintoshes again.

I'd like to offer my assistance on this, I'm really glad the points I raised have made a difference and hopefully this will help aleviate some of the strain new users put on the forum.

JamesLittler, I have taken the liberty of adding you to the new FAQ Team. I added A.I.Ghost and cili0 as well, already discussed with them.

We have already created a hidden FAQ forum, for work in progress. The FAQ team and members of staff should see it.

To all. So now the FAQ Team has 3 members, plus Ermac.

More applicants welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...