Mounting Case Fans inside G5 Case

topsub

8 posts in this topic

So i am starting my G5 retrofit. I was wondering how people ended up mounting fans into the case. I saw some pictures of people buying long screws it looks like and mounting them down.

I would like a very clean look so any input of a clean way to mount some fans would be great.

If possible i would prefer to not use the stock pieces.

How much would you want to pay (including worldwide shipping) for what is essentially a precision cut piece of plastic with two holes and a small square punched out ?

Initial estimates for the the actual piece of perspex before shipping come in at about £9 per unit if I order 10 in one go !

Add shipping and you're looking at about £15 I guess.

How much would you want to pay (including worldwide shipping) for what is essentially a precision cut piece of plastic with two holes and a small square punched out ?

Initial estimates for the the actual piece of perspex before shipping come in at about £9 per unit if I order 10 in one go !

Add shipping and you're looking at about £15 I guess.

any word on this?

I'm still waiting on the tech department at my college, but the perspex cutter is broken and the timescale for its 'soon'. Possibly the least helpful response possible other than 'not soon'

As for how it's fixed in - it's hardly heavy with two plastic fans mounted on it and should fit fine without any form of proper adhesive as it's such a good fit, although I will supply a sticky foam of sorts that secures the perspex in. Pictures soon.