iATKOS L2 Black screen after changing resolution

qasim1iqbal

5 posts in this topic

I have installed iATKOS L2 on my custom-built PC successfully, however I am stuck on 1024x768 resolution. Here is my PC information:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.50 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: ######.tonymacx86.com

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): G88451235J4

Hardware UUID: 2C1FC431-B0A7-5A89-BB9C-20E16582E19A

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2e32

Revision ID: 0x0003

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

It is an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 3GB of ram, and has a Gigabyte Motherboard. Graphics is an Intel Chipset. If you need more info just ask.

Thanks!

I have installed iATKOS L2 on my custom-built PC successfully, however I am stuck on 1024x768 resolution. Here is my PC information:

It is an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 3GB of ram, and has a Gigabyte Motherboard. Graphics is an Intel Chipset. If you need more info just ask.

Thanks!

Same setup that I've got. Got to system preferences, other, bootloader, peripherals, check graphics mode and then set it to your native resolution.

I have installed iATKOS L2 on my custom-built PC successfully. I tried to change the resolution by going to System Prefs -> Other -> Boot Loader -> Peripherals -> Graphics and changed it to 1920x1080x32 (My monitor's native resolution). After changing it and saving the settings, I restarted, only to see a black screen that won't go away. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.50 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: ######.tonymacx86.com

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): G88451235J4

Hardware UUID: 2C1FC431-B0A7-5A89-BB9C-20E16582E19A

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2e32

Revision ID: 0x0003

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Thanks!

I have installed iATKOS L2 on my custom-built PC successfully. I tried to change the resolution by going to System Prefs -> Other -> Boot Loader -> Peripherals -> Graphics and changed it to 1920x1080x32 (My monitor's native resolution). After changing it and saving the settings, I restarted, only to see a black screen that won't go away. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Could you try and figure out which intel chipset it is? There are drivers for a number of various chipsets, if you could find drivers you'd be in much better shape. Also, screenresx looks like its a promising solution.

Anyway, the alternative that I'd recommend is just to install a copy of ubuntu with GLXdock (if I'm remembering the name right). This system, if configured right, will look only ever so slightly different than OS X and will look and run much more nicely. I'm only keeping hackintosh as a technological oddity, and because for some reason, this layout feels much nicer when I know I'm using the actual apple OS than when I'm trying to make ubuntu look like a mac. Also, netflix.