Sign in to follow this  
DragonHunter12345

Tiger to Leopard Questions and Upgrades

2 posts in this topic

I have decided to try and install OSx86 on my old lappy since Linux has became slower for my laptop. I have gotten Mac OS X Tiger beautifully running and updated it to 10.4.11 without any hitches. Now, I found out that many applications do not work on Tiger and needed Leopard to work. I checked the minimum specs for Leopard and I slightly above the minimum requirements for Leopard. So currently, I have two questions.

1. Will Leopard work on my laptop? And if it does, will there be a performance hit or no performance changes? Tiger runs fine on my laptop and pretty fast.

2. Can I upgrade my current Tiger to Leopard in some way? And will kexts from Tiger work on Leopard?

Laptop specs:

Compaq Presaio 2200

1.4GHz Intel Celeron Processor

512MB RAM

40GB HDD

Intel 825/855GM Graphics Chipset (QE not supported on Tiger)

Advertisement

hello,

one of the first ting you need to do is upgrade you memory. I guess your laptop is like mine, a business one. And no, sorry, you can't upgrade tiger to leopard. The thing that worked for me was iatkos v7, a saver! just download it from the pirate bay, put it on a blank dvd and boot from it and serach in our big friend google for the essential .pkg installations for you laptop.

hope it works!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By YKWIA
      Just so you know, I'm not new to the hackintosh scene. I know how to set up a system and get it working...

I do have some questions though...

I'm considering a CHG70 or 90 as my new monitor and I found out that has HDR support. I know macOS has HDR for monitors support but I assume it's only for it's own monitors. If I plug my monitor into my graphics card, would it recognize it as HDR-capable or would I need to find a way to hack a solution?

Secondly... I'm currently researching an SLI solution (CHG90's basically 2 16:9 monitors in one) and I have to know if it's impossible to do SLI. I'm going to be using MacOS as my main OS and I remember an early kext having SLI support. Based on what everyone here is doing (and based on the fact that AMD and NVIDIA have separate implementations of dual graphics technology.) would it be possible?

Lastly, I'm going to be using Wine as a compatibility layer and I'm curious as to whether or not HDR will be able to translate into the games themselves or if the VSTs I use will be able to work. The last time I tried my VSTs and games it threw up errors and out of memory errors and I want to know if enough time has advanced that things are going to be different...

Thank you.
    • By Dubesor
      I know this is kind of broad, but if I build a workstation that's well supported on High Sierra now, how likely is it to still work well with the next major OSx release next fall?

If you had to guess, what % chance do I have of encountering major issues when trying to update next fall? The kinds of issues that would seriously interfere with my day to day work of photo and video editing? For example, kext/kernel panics (is that even a thing still?) or major pieces of hardware suddenly not being supported, and so on...

Has migrating your Hackintosh to the latest release has gotten easier in recent years? So for those of you who have been making builds for a while, is going from Sierra to High Sierra causing you fewer problems than Mavericks --> Yosemite for example or Yosemite --> El Capitan etc? 

Sorry if this is a bit broad and ignorant, but I've been away from the forums for quite a while and just trying to get a sense of how "stable" and "future-proof" Hackintoshes are these days - compared to Apple's own desktops ...

I'm OK not updating incrementally ie v13.1 to v13.2 if I need to, but I'm worried about having to start completely from scratch with each new main version.
    • By hezten
      Hi

I hope om in the right subforum here.

Yesterday i accedently upgrade my hackingtosch to latest sierra version. After reboot it had switched back to the osx display driver, which looks awfull. I vent to the nvidia driver settings and updated the driver and changed the display driver to the nvidia web driver.

After reboot just where the login screen used to appear the screen goes black. I can remember when i installed it i ran some kind of nvidia / graphics hack / fix, but i cant remember exactly how i did it.

i this a common problem with black screen after upgrade, and is there a fix for this ?

Hardware is core i7 7700, asus z270p

Let me know if you need any further information to help out.

Any help is much apriciated :-) Have a great weekend everyone :-)
    • By kosakgroove
      Hi fellows of this great forum. I am currently learning some programming so my time to investigate on hardware for my beloved good old Hack is very little.
      Specs are as follows:

Gigabyte EP45 UD3LR   (LGA775)
      Intel Core Quad Q6600
      Custom case made out of a 1995 Pentium and some acrylic.
      6GB RAM
      NVIDIA Geforce 210 1GB
      BCM94360CD with custom PCI adapter WiFi and Bluetooth working awesome
      Artic CPU Cooler with Heatsink
      2 yellow 20" fans
      Custom made power button

I would like to upgrade its CPU and its GPU, to the maximum of its capabilities, with Mac OS X compatibility.
      What CPU and GPU would you reccommend without breaking my wallet?
      Thanks ever so much