Snow Leopard on Acer Travelmate 2490, help needed!

ialexdogaru

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to the laptop osx86 scene, but not to hackintoshes in general. I had an old laptop with W7 on it and got bored so I decided to install Mac on it as well (I already have a 10.7 hackintosh). So I tried installing iAtkos S3V2 but it never worked well (when simply booting, the music from the intro was playing but the screen wasn't working, whilst in safe mode it worked but without usb, sound, internet). So I then installed iAtkos V7. It works amezingly well (except for the wifi - the eternal Atheros 5006/5007 issue - I use PdaNet and my iPhone to connect to the internet). But now I decided that I should install 10.6.3 at least, for using Apple Logic Pro 9 and other stuff I use for music production etc. I tried installing 10.6.3 via Retail DVD & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. But it never booted my disc. I suppose it doesn't work because I didn't set my BIOS up correctly. But in my BIOS there are no settings for example for AHCI or other stuff mentioned by TonyMac, as well as many others. My BIOS is plain and simple a Phoenix one, with too less settings being available. I cannot get 10.6.3 to boot, so I'm pretty much helpless, except for the case in which a kind and smart developer in here bothers to help me :)

@ialexdogaru , It seems like there's not much interest in this laptop. If you could post your laptop specifications and also a detailed version of how you installed iAtkos v7, I could try and replicate it and see if I can come up with suggestions as I've had luck in installing retail SL in netbooks.

@aleff thanks for your reply!

Here is my tech specs list from System Profiler. My wireless card (Atheros 5006/5007 EG) is not shown, but it may as well be useless, as it hasn't ever worked on Mac for me. I will come back with the choices I made when installing iAtkos v7 in short time.

Please let me know if the link doesn't work.

Hi,

Your link worked fine. I hadn't seen anything on 2490; in fact the highest it goes to seemed to be 2480. Assume your cpu is celeron (mac obviously doesn't recognize). I'll try v7 after your tips and then perhaps try the SL upgrade directly.

Hello again,

Indeed the cpu is celeron 440m. Assuming that I get all the necessary kexts, could it be possible to try and install 10.6.3 from the retail disc? Also, I think that the major issue is that I don't have any AHCI option in my BIOS. It's a phoenix, I've seen an older version of the same bios in a tutorial and it actually had ahci settings. If you consider it necessary, please tell me if you need the bios settings screenshots...

Thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it very much!:)