[Help] Problem GTX 260 Lion 10.7.2

nitiz92

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

I just installed iATKOS 10.7.2 L2 choosing the various kext based on my hardware configuration .. in a first installation, for my gtx 260 I used only the Graphic Enabler but I start a screen appeared with all dots (you can not see anything!) .. so I promptly made ​​a second installation, but choose the NVEnabler, but the result was the same .. So I thought to add the id of my vga in the following kexts NVDAResman.kext NVDANV50HAL.kext NVEnabler.kext

Final report:

- Now I can see the desktop

- The vga is not recognized (system profiler in the phrase appears only GPU)

- QE / CI are not enabled (the transparent menus are not there)

- The resolution is fixed at 1024x768

What can I do?? Thanks in advance, I trust in you well more experience than me! (sorry for my bad english)

• 3 weeks later...

First repair permissons if you ever change someting in /S/E !!!! Otherwise even all is correct , wrong permissions have same effect as

not having any gpu enabler / chameleon GE working!

Hint: Check system.log if there are any driver load fails / errors listed - such driver load errors mostly are a sign for wrong permissions!

You may get messed up if you use different Tools/ patches all together!

NEVER use different injectors / enablers together / side by side - only ONE!

I would first check and search any installed patch / drivers which got installed from the iATKOS and Nvenabler, .....

Then remove them and also delete system cache kernelcache folder before you reboot.

Dont forget to repair permissions before rebooting.

Only use graphicenabler with an newer version of chameleon. If you have older Chameleon (1 year old+) your GTX 260 may not get injected correctly by missing GTX 260 dev ids in the chameleon. (Each GPU type may have not only one Dev ID, some have 2-4 different dev ids for "same" gpu type! Chameleon updates them always over the time)

Normally GE should work - sometimes you may have change DVI port if you get blue / black screen.

You can also try to install orig. 10.7.2 Nvidia driver set from the Combo update 10.7.2 using pacifist if it stays failing.

Unigine heaven OpenGL Benchmark can work 10.7 + 10.8

Happy benching with that new OS X Highend OpenGL Benchmark

Here you go: Info + DL + collected results

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=276944

First repair permissons if you ever change someting in /S/E !!!! Otherwise even all is correct , wrong permissions have same effect as

not having any gpu enabler / chameleon GE working!

Hint: Check system.log if there are any driver load fails / errors listed - such driver load errors mostly are a sign for wrong permissions!

You may get messed up if you use different Tools/ patches all together!

NEVER use different injectors / enablers together / side by side - only ONE!

I would first check and search any installed patch / drivers which got installed from the iATKOS and Nvenabler, .....

Then remove them and also delete system cache kernelcache folder before you reboot.

Dont forget to repair permissions before rebooting.

Only use graphicenabler with an newer version of chameleon. If you have older Chameleon (1 year old+) your GTX 260 may not get injected correctly by missing GTX 260 dev ids in the chameleon. (Each GPU type may have not only one Dev ID, some have 2-4 different dev ids for "same" gpu type! Chameleon updates them always over the time)

Normally GE should work - sometimes you may have change DVI port if you get blue / black screen.

You can also try to install orig. 10.7.2 Nvidia driver set from the Combo update 10.7.2 using pacifist if it stays failing.

Unigine heaven OpenGL Benchmark can work 10.7 + 10.8

Happy benching with that new OS X Highend OpenGL Benchmark

Here you go: Info + DL + collected results

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276944

thank you!

I always repair permissions by disk utility!!! this is my problem!

dsc00805kr.jpg

now i try to update chameleon r1890.. then i will enabled GE..