Sign in to follow this  
audio84

HELP! Asus M3N-HT, Phenom II 955, GTX 460 - Which distro works?!

2 posts in this topic

PLEASE help!

I used to have a perfectly working Leopard iAtkos 7 10.5.8 running with my system (shown below), but since I've upgraded my graphics card from a 9800GTX+ to a GTX 460 I'm now in deep {censored}. Leopard no longer picks it up.

I've tried to install iAtkos 7 10.5.8 again I can't boot as the graphics card isn't recognised. The -x command works, but there aren't any drivers to install as the supported nvidia drivers are only for Snow Leopard.

"So just install Snow Leopard?" I hear you say. Well I've tried to install iAtkos S3 V2 10.6.3 but to no avail. Whatever way I try to install, I either get kernel panics at boot, or the PC shuts down on boot (verbos reads CPU halted). With iAtkos S3 V2 I've tried the Chameleon 2 RC5 boot loader, the AnVal bootloader, the 10.3.0 kernel, the 10.2.0 kernel, etc.

When booting, I always enter my correct FSB, Busratio and Maxmem values. The DVD was burned at 4x, my bios is set to AHCI and I'm installing to an internal sata drive - all completely normal stuff. Every distro installs great, but they never boot.

Can someone please help me? I could really do with having this system up and running soon - I do a lot of Final Cut Pro at work and would love to use it at home.

System:

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

AMD Phenom II 955 BE

6Gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2

EVGA GTX 460 SE

Thanks guys! Much appreciated :)

Advertisement

I'm using Asus GTX 460 on 10.6 with official NVIDIA driver and:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

You don't need any special distro to install SnowLeo.

Use retail disc and boot it using nawcom ModCD +:

arch=i386 -force64 busratio=16 maxmem=4096

After install boot from the same CD to your SL, then install:

10.6.8 update, Chameleon 2.1svn-r1819, and nawcom legacy kernel 10.8.0 v2.

You'll need some flags to get it booting correctly, probably:

arch=i386 -force64 cpus=4 busratio=16 npci=0x2000

Also use amd_insn_patcher_V2 and patch some known binaries to avoid errors.

And use VoodooTSCSync for your AMD to work correctly (sync TSC through all cores).

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jiji The Fox
      Hey, long time no post!

Apologies if this has been answered, every time I search I get a timeout on the site and I can't seem to get the search to work

I've been sitting pretty with Yosemite for a while , but a recent hardware upgrade (Audio interface) means I can jump from Yosemite. 

I've successfully upgraded Clover, then the OS and for the most of it, it seems great. Everything works but the Graphics Driver (NVidia GeForce GTX670.)

I can only boot into Mac if disable the NVIDIA drivers with the boot flag nv_disable=1  however that's not great I end up with one monitor working at 1024 x 768.

I've updated the NVIDIA web drivers to the latest my build of sierra can take. 
      I have the boot flag for web driver to be enabled (can't remember off the top of my head.. I'm on the work pc, soon to be home)

Any ideas would be grateful, I spent much of last night and morning on this.

Many Thanks

UPDATE: I've managed to load successfully, between a combination of changing the SMBIOS to MacBook 14,2 and loading lilukext with NVIDIAgraphicsfixer.

Everything is the same as Yosemite, except I do not have HDMI audio or onboard sound. I do have a dedicated audio interface so I'm not at a true loss.

• By Denr
      hi
      i have mac pro 3,1
      ram 24
      HD 2 T
      Quad Core 2.8
      total cash 24

yesterday i buy GTX 780 Gigabyte windface and he is not work. i want any vga card work in my mac 3,1 its important for me i have many works i cant keep work becus i dont have any card support CUDA (i use Adobe Priemare).
      please help me to find VGA card.

• By dpgowan
      Greetings! I've been wrestling with this build for about a week now and have it near golden, but I am struggling with the Nvidia graphics card; I purchased the GeForce Gtx 1060 6GB SSC because is was recommended as the go-to card by the TonyMacx86 community on all of their Customac builds, but there doesn't seem to be much support for the card itself. I understand that Nvidia web drivers are relatively new and come with their own issues but I am reaching out to see if anyone has managed to squash these bugs.

THE BUILD
      Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Intel Core i7-8700k EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC (3) Elite Display E221 (3 Display Port)  
      THE SETUP
      The setup is based on Glasgood's build with the following alterations:

BIOS SettingsPRIMARY DISPLAY = PCIE Clover Kexts Installed to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other Lilu.kext 1.2.1 NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext 1.2.1 DSDT Z370-F (Near identical board to the Z370-E with the exception of the WIFI M.2, but I use a native apple wifi/bluetooth PCI-E card) Custom DSDT by @MaLd0n System Drivers Nvidia Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.102 (17C88) 378.10.10.10.25.103 (17C89) 378.10.10.10.25.104 (17C205) Nvidia CUDA387.99 ISSUES
      [FIXED] System wont boot into GUI while multiple monitors are connected SOLUTION [bIOS] Update to v0606 [macOS] Update Nvidia Web Driver to 378.10.10.10.25.103 (17C89) [FIXED] Glitching and Artifacts during system utilization, randomly SOLUTION See Issue 1 [bUG] Glitching and Artifacts when waking from sleep while one monitor is in use. WORKAROUNDS Turn the monitor OFF and then back ON again Log out and back in again (use the keyboard shortcut "Shift + Opt + Cmd + Q") [bUG] Black screens when waking from sleep while multiple monitors are in use; no recovery. NO SOLUTION [FIXED] Stuck at BIOS loading screen when booting up while multiple monitors are in use; no recovery. SOLUTION [bIOS] PRIMARY DISPLAY = PCIE [bUG] RehabMan's FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext is not reporting correctly (static/maxed values) NO SOLUTION  
      ATTEMPTS MADE, NO SOLUTION
      Custom DSDT Disable Hibernate sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage Updated to the latest version of macOS10.13.2 (17C205) Updated to the latest kexts NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext v1.2.1 Lilu.kext v1.2.1 Updated to the latest version of Nvidia Web Driver & Cuda Driver104 (17C205) config.plist.zip
    • By bigben1
      Installing High Sierra 10.13.1 with following specs.

Mobo=Ga z170x ud5,  f6 bios
      GPU= gtx 1060 6gb
      Ram = 16gb ddr4
      Wifi =TP link,   TL-WDN 4800
      ssd = samsung evo

anyone having above specs, or close to it should have no problems installing High Sierra os , with everything working fine. those who have Lan line , should enable Lan in bios and install drivers for it.search google please.!!!
      use attached files and instructions.

files in download section. name:  Ga z170x ud5 files

Info.zip

• By foxdanger
      It's alive! Thx to the master MaLd0n and two good friends, Lucas David and Giesteira Paulo my new machine it's running the MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 PERFECT! SCREENSHOTS AT THE END OF THE POST.

First of all I want to say THANK YOU A LOT to Daniel (MaLd0n) da Insanely Mac (esse cara é um gênio), Giesteira Paulo, Samuel Cabral e Lucas David do Hackintosh Brasil.

GeekBench CPU Result:
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2737610
      THIS IS ONLY FOR THIS MOTHERBOARD:

Gigabyte z270X Aorus Gaming 5

IT WILL NOT WORK IN ANY OTHER MOTHER BOARD!!!

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

MOBO: z270X Aoros Gigabyte Gaming 5
      PROC: i7 7700k + Cooler Master Hyper X212
      GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB DDR5
      RAM: 32GB Ram Crucial Elite
      STORAGE 1: SSD 480GB Kingston
      STORAGE 2: SSD 128GB Samdisk <- Place where I installed my MacOS
      STORAGE 3: SSHD Seagate 1TB + Cooler HD 
      STORAGE 4: HD Seagate 2TB
      FONT: EVGA 600W BQ

So, this is what we did:

1 - Download this archive, you gonna use it during all the install.
      z270x - i7700k - GTX 1070 - MacOS.zip

2 - Get a Sierra 10.12 image.

3 - Create a boot pendrive with WinDiskImage.

4 - Go to EFI partition on the pendrive, replace the “CLOVER” folder for the one inside the "Pendrive Boot Clover folder" from the archive on the step 1. Delete the original one and replace with the one inside the archive from step 1.

5 - Go to your bios and set these options (*really important ones):

- Bios

First boot - Pendrive *
      Fast boot - disabled * 
      Windows 8/10 features - other os *
      Lan pxe boot option ROM - disabled
      Storage boot control - UEFI *
      Other PCI devices - UEFI

- Peripherals

Onboard lan Controller - enabled
      Intel platform thrust technology ptt - disabled *
      SW guard extension - software controlled
      USB 3.0 dac-up 2 - normal
      Front USB 3.0_1 - normal
      Intel bios guard technology - disabled *

- Peripherals - USB configuration

Legacy USB support - enabled *
      Xhci hand off - enabled *
      USB mass storage driver support - enabled

- Peripherals - Sata and RST configuration

Sata controllers - enabled
      Sata mode selection - AHCI *
      Aggressive LPM support - enabled

- Chipset

VT-d - disabled *
      Internal graphics - auto
      All the other options - enabled

- Power Platform

Power management - disabled *
      Ac back - always off
      Power on by keyboard - disabled
      Power on by mouse - disabled
      Erp - disabled
      Soft off by power button - instant off
      Power loading - auto
      Resume by alarm - disabled
      Rc6 render standby - enabled

6 - Boot your pendrive and on the Clover boot screen choose the option "Boot Mac OS Install MacOS".

7 - In the first screen choose the language and than at the top menu open the application DISK UTILITY.

8 - Select the HD where you gonna install the OS and click on ERASE button. Use these options:

- Name: Any name you want
      - Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
      - Scheme: GUID

9 - Click on erase and wait for the formating.

10 - Close the disk utility and back to the install follow the steps, select the HD you already formated and perform the install.

11 - After the install, DON'T remove the pendrive yet. You need it to boot the system for now. Boot from pendrive and now on the Clover boot screen choose the HD you already installed the system, "Boot from MacOS".

12 - Now you have the system on, install the latest version of Clover boot (the install pkg is inside the archive from step 1). At the “INSTALLATION TYPE” screen, click on the “CUSTOMIZE” button and check the boxes only for these options:

- Install for UEFI Boot Only
      - Install Clover in the ESP
      - Bootloader -> Don’t update MBR and PBR Sectors
      - Themes (any you want)
      - Drivers64UEFI -> Fat-64
      - Drivers64UEFI -> PartitionDxe-64
      - Install Clover Preference Pane (optional)

13 - Click on install and finish the installation. Now you can remove your Boot Pendrive.

14 - Open the Clover Configurator and goes to the “MOUNT EFI”. At the right column theres a “EFI Partitions” box with all the EFI partitions. Look for the one of the mac and click on “MOUNT PARTITION” and then click on “OPEN PARTITION”.

15 - Inside the folder EFI there’s a folder called “CLOVER”. Repleace this folder with the one inside the “System Boot Clover Folder” which you can find in the archives you downloaded at the step 1. Just delete the original one on EFI partition and paste the other one in the same place.

16 - Run the Olarila.command inside the archives of the step 1 and wait for the “completed” message.

17 - Restart the system WITHOUT the boot pendrive. Go to the BIOS Settings and change the first option boot to the HD where u installed the MacOS. Save and reboot.

18 - Download this DMG and install the update from 10.12 to 10.12.4. THIS IS IMPORTANT! THE NVIDIA 10xx VIDEO CARD SERIES ONLY WORKS ON THIS OS VERSION!
      https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1910?locale=en_US

19 - Now the last step, install NVidia Driver. Download the latest version of the NVidia Web Driver and install it.
      http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-04192017/(choose the latest version for your system - 10.12.4 in this case).

20 - Download and install NVidia Cuda Drivers:
      http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

YOU ARE READY TO GO!!!

Patches used by Daniel (MaLd0n) in the DSDT.aml:

- FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
      - HPET
      - SATA
      - DTGP
      - DMAC
      - SLPB
      - DARWIN
      - LPC
      - XHCI
      - PLUGIN TYPE
      - HDAS to HDEF
      - HDEF
      - RTC
      - IRQs
      - SBUS
      - BUS1
      - MCHC
      - ALS0
      - SHUTDOWN
      - LAN
      - USBX
      - PMCR
      - EC
      - PNLF
      - HDMI NVIDIA / ATI

What works:
      - Intel i7 7700k - OK
      - Intel HD Graphics 630 - OK
      - NVidia GTX Video Cards (with pascal, series 10xx) and Cuda Drivers - OK
      - Memory RAM - OK
      - Realtek ALC1220 Audio Controller - OK
      - All back panel audio ports (Internal speakers, 2 line outs, digital output) - OK
      - DisplayPort Audio output from NVidia GTX - THERE’s ONLY AUDIO THROUGH THE DISPLAYPORT, NO AUDIO THROUGH THE HDMI. But you can easily use a DP - HDMI cable.
      - Intel PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller RJ45 Port - OK
      - Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2500 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller RJ45 Port - OK
      - All USB Ports, including 3.0 USB - OK
      - System Power Settings - OK
      - All the hard drives from my computer, including the ones formmated for windows working - OK (of course the ones formmated on windows, only for read, no write)

What doesn’t work:
      - Boot windows from Clover Boot Screen. But you can use the F12 key to go to BIOS Boot Screen and select the Windows HD to boot. It’s fine
      - Front panel audio ports

So, resuming the system is working PERFECT! Like a charm! Everything works and the machine is CRAZY fast now!

Hope it goes fine for everyone too. Cya!

SCREENSHOTS: