Parallels on ML Problem

Crna Brada

6 posts in this topic

Has anybody managed to run Parallels 7 in ML?

I get number of errors starting with:

"Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled on your Mac.

For optimal performance, please enable hardware virtualization support in your Mac's firmware."

and

"Unable to load the Parallels driver.

Restart your Mac and try again."

to finish with:

"Unable to start the virtual machine.

An unexpected error occurred while starting the virtual machine. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

I remember there was a problem with Parallels running on Lion prerelease too.

Any idea how to solve this or just wait until they update to Parallels 8?

.....So simply, right now Parallels is not compatible with ML. We will have to wait for an update from Parallels to be released.

Thanks for the clarification!

Out of curiosity, what is "HD" you are referring to:

... look under your main HD under "Incompatible Software" ....

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

You have to get parallels desktop launcher. I'm assuming you probably have parallels 6, which is not compatible. I had the same message after upgrading to lion. I found a little applescript called parallels desktop launcher that somehow executes the program differently so that lion can use it. It works great, I would assume it would work for mountain lion as well.

Here is the link:

http://bs87.com/post/3598633477/parallels-desktop-6-launcher

There's one for Lion and one for mountain lion. However, it looks like parallels only runs this way in 32-bit mode in 10.8; although you might just be able to check the 32-bit mode box for the application.