[MLGM] Asus P5Q working but no sleep

domino

28 posts in this topic

i'll make a try in the afternoon... i also have a p5q so i will report later. :)

EDIT after 30 minutes :P

Here we are! Just installed mountain lion alone on an external usb drive like i always did in the past with Lion DP's

With just the new chameleon revision all works flawlessly (apart vanilla sleep that doesn't work like in Lion)

Audio (applehda patched)/ethernet/wi-fi and various CPU/GPU detection works fine

I didn't make any benchmark or deep tests but for what it seems it looks pretty good.

There are many graphic glitches related to the italian localization... but if i remember correctly also lion had it when it was in developing.

Good work to all the chameleon team!

the peripherals don't work ootb. the kexts from Lion will carry over and use the lion install process to apply to ML. also install Chameleon 1820. but you can try the other version if you want.

Sure, in fact it's what i've done... i've used the kexts in signature that already works in lion :)

HDAEnabler.kext (or generic HDEF device in DSDT) + AppleHDA.kext patched for AD1988B (you might want to double check that it really is a 1988B).

When searching for how to do that, keep in mind that older methods for patching AppleHDA (Snow Leopard 10.6.7 and below) won't work with AppleHDA from 10.6.8 and above.

Good luck.

anyone notice the extensions loads every time you run verbose on startup? i don't know if it also does it on normal boot. but boot up time on normal boot is 50 seconds. 20 seconds longer than Lion. i've tried all the "work arounds" posted here and other forums to no avail. kexts still persists on loading by itself. if anyone cares to give a heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

The Marvell 88E8056 integrated LAN on the P5Q-E works with a small legacy kext that replaces the device ID and name of the 80E8053 with those of the 80E8056. It's widely available and well documented, you should have no trouble finding it.

/EDIT

Ah what the hell, I dug out the original, 3 years old topic for you:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=157881

You might want to check if all of that is still applicable to the AppleYukon2.kext that comes with Mountain Lion. Follow the link for more details on where to find it, what to look for etc etc. Rather than using the kext in the guide, it's probably better if you follow the guide and create your own Legacy kext based on the Yukon2 kext from Mountain Lion. Just to be sure.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot.. It works perfectly only installing it with kext utility..

A strange thing is that the first time audio was recognised automatically.. Now no.. But it's a very little thing in front of the LAN problem you solved me..

Thanks..

Do you know how to make audio working in 5.1? Or where I can find applehda patched for this purpose? I've looked for it also in lion but I didn't find it..

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Overquoting removed

Make sure you don't have VoodooHDA.kext installed and that AppleHDA.kext is present in /System/Library/Extensions.

On 10.6.8 and above, patch AppleHDA.kext for AD2000B sound with this:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=266531

And add the ICHx HDEF device to your DSDT:

http://www.projectos...findpost&p=3781 (do not use any kexts from that topic on 10.6.8 and above!)

Don't forget to add the generic Method DTGP (search - anyone you find will do, everybody uses the same code).

That's it, if you didn't mess it up, sound should work.

About true 5.1 I have no idea, I have a 2.1 speaker system. To get sound on all your speakers, google/forum search "aggregate device".

You might also find "SoundFlower" interesting: http://cycling74.com...ts/soundflower/

No, there's nothing like that on OS X.

You should use the AppleHDA that comes with Mountain Lion and perform the modifications to it that I outlined above instead of using an old, patched AppleHDA and the old AD2000b.kext. It's always better to patch the latest driver that was written to work with the version of OS X that you are running instead of using old outdated stuff or old solutions to a problem.

ICH10R needs a device-ID patch for the LPC device in order for AppleLPC.kext to load so that you can have native CPU power management:

http://www.projectos...findpost&p=2532

Sorry..

I've tried several way to get hdd hot-plug worked but the only way is to remove ioahciblockstorage.kext in E/E an in S/L/E.

But after that hdd icons became orange...

How can I obtain removal and plug hdd in Mountain Lion with having normal icons?

Edit: It works deleting in E/E ioahciblockstorage.kext only.. But I see the when I unplug an hdd and re-plug it I have to go in utility disk to mount it.. It isn't mounted automatically.. where is the error?

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
overquoting removed, please trim your quotes and don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them

Don't touch the Apple kexts. Use ACHIPortInjector or DSDT patch to get normal icons/behavior.

The reason why they are orange is that every drive you connect to the ICH10R is seen as external. I don't remember anymore if it's possible to have hot-plug capability and the drives seen as internal at the same time.

Ok, thanks. Searching everywhere i've read that the possibilities are orange icon or hot plug.. So tomorrow I'll erase ahciportinjector.

I notice that boot and shut down are slow.. Shutting down hdd switch off but VGA fan remain on but there is nothing on the monitor.

It's only for me or someone else has the same issue?

Gringo, can you help me to define these little problem?

To shut down I have to click shut down in menu and then, after 40 seconds, I have to press shut down button on motherboard..

Thanks a lot

Enable ACPI APIC, ACPI 2.0 and all advanced CPU features (except CPUID Limit) in the BIOS.

Shut down is an ACPI power state - try to get native power management working in OS X.

Start with the LPC device DSDT patch I linked to above.

It's also possible that it's an issue with your video card. A fast way to test this theory is trying another video card if you can.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@domino

could you provide your IOPCIFamily.kext ?

i still get the panic when i try to boot the System.

i already also used the netkas.org IOPCIFamily.kext but it didnt work too.

so maybe yours could help to get my system running.

(if its just the P5Q, not P5Q Pro or something like that.)