OS X Mountain Lion GM Installation on nForce Motherboards.

abhilash

11 posts in this topic

I am happy for the successful installation(No Kernel Panics.. :P) of OS X Mountain Lion on XFX nForce 680iLT SLI.. :)

Thanks to all ...especially to Ermac -- added 10.8 support to chameleon 2.1svn (rev 1820)

and Verdant -- beautiful OS X Lion installation tutorial and manual for nForce Motherboards.. :D

Installation Procedure:

1) Download OS X Mountain Lion from Mac Dev Center. (must have access to Mac Developer Program)

2) Download the latest revision of chameleon boot loader i.e. chameleon r2014

3) Installation procedure remains same as Lion. Please follow verdant's OS X Lion installation procedure.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=263931

Use the same kexts from your existing Lion. I used FakeSMC 4.0.

4) Finally, I am writing this post from my OS X Mountain Lion... :) I Hope all will have a successful installation without Kernel Panics.. :P

LAN: nForceLAN_0.64.6.kext

Graphics: GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Sound: AppleHDA.kext(10.6.2).kext + LegacyHDA.kext + DSDT patch (VCH888's ALC889A/885 audio isn't working on nForce boards...working on it.. :) )

HDD: ApplenForceATA_imk_64bit.kext

Screenshots:

About OS X.tiff

Launchpad.tiff

Notifications.tiff

Reminders.tiff

• Like 2

I have installed 10.8 on my 680i P6n diamond, on mbr. I using applenforce64.kext, nforcelan.kext. it is running very good. Could never get lion to boot the install. Always said waiting for root. Very easy install. I can upload the kext i used if anyone is having trouble

I have installed 10.8 on my 680i P6n diamond, on mbr. I using applenforce64.kext, nforcelan.kext. it is running very good. Could never get lion to boot the install. Always said waiting for root. Very easy install. I can upload the kext i used if anyone is having trouble

hi im looking for the applenforce64.kext i need the lan kext, the ata kext worked for me but i still need the lan one, could you upload it for me?

P.S. im sorry what i need is the nforcelan.kext. could you upload that one?

hi im looking for the applenforce64.kext i need the lan kext, the ata kext worked for me but i still need the lan one, could you upload it for me?

P.S. im sorry what i need is the nforcelan.kext. could you upload that one?

Hi tylak, please find the nForceLan 0.64.5 kext in the zip http://www.sendspace.com/file/9y6bnq (Verdant Lion Support files V1.1). Look in the folder 64bit Kexts for Sys_Lib_Extensions. :) Please look at the posts or google it before you ask anyone else to upload...;)

I am happy for the successful installation(No Kernel Panics.. :P) of OS X Mountain Lion on XFX nForce 680iLT SLI.. :)

Thanks to all ...especially to Ermac -- added 10.8 support to chameleon 2.1svn (rev 1820)

and Verdant -- beautiful OS X Lion installation tutorial and manual for nForce Motherboards.. :D

Installation Procedure:

1) Download OS X Mountain Lion from Mac Dev Center. (must have access to Mac Developer Program)

2) Download the latest revision of chameleon boot loader i.e. chameleon 2.1svn r1820 (10.8 support)

3) Installation procedure remains same as Lion. please follow verdant's os x lion installation procedure.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=263931

Use the same kexts from your existing Lion. I used FakeSMC 3.1.0.

4) Finally, I am writing this post from my OS X Mountain Lion... :) I Hope all will have a successful installation without Kernel Panics.. :P

Screenshots:

Hi

I have the same board but sound not working help me.

Thanks

• 4 months later...