Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Before purchasing, is it worth to install Hackintosh on an external SSD m.2 2280 on an AMD CPU and NVIDIA CPU PC?By gusbemacbe
I am a former user of MacBook and Mac mini. Both died. One in 2014 and another last year. I will think of giving my Hackintosh-compatible laptop to my brother that I purchased years ago, because he wants to play more than one computer, so he is a Twitch/YouTube streamer and a hardcore gamer and I will not need to lend him many times. If he wants, from my former laptop I will take only one 240GB SSD Samsung Evo with installed Arch Linux and leave one 500GB HDD for him. In the future, I will purchase a new Alienware laptop.
As I got newly graduated, I moved to a new super PC with AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X CPU and with NVIDIA GeForce™ 1660 Ti GPU. More details, you can see my signature below, that provides the complete details. I own an external SSD m.2 2280 with installed Windows 10.
I will reconsider purchasing 4th drive – an external 480GB SSD m.2 2280 SATA WD Green 545MB/s or an external 1TB SSD SATA WD Green 545MB/s – for installing Hackintosh. But purchasing, I need to make sure.
1. Is it worth to install Hackintosh on an external SSD m.2 2280? If I partition two partitions, one for Insansely's MyHack/Chameleon/Clover and another for Hackintosh and my new super-PC boot is natively BIOS and Grub, is it worth? Maybe I will try to install reFind on Arch Linux to replace the Grub if it is worth.
2. I know that it will run on macOS High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina, but if I need Metal 2 to run the latest version of Sketch (the which I own an original licence) and of other apps the which I own original licences? Is NVIDIA GeForce™ 1660 Ti compatible with Metal 2?
3. Since it be an external SSD, will I able to run Hackintosh as a portable OS in other computers?
Antes de comprar, vale a pena instalar o Hackintosh num SSD m.2 2280 externo num PC com CPU AMD e GPU NVIDIA Geforce™?By gusbemacbe
Eu sou um ex-usuário do último computador da Apple – Mac mini – que faleceu no ano passado.
Pensarei em dar meu computador portátil compatível com Hackintosh ao meu irmão que comprei anos atrás (em referência ao tópico «Sou novo ao fórum, já fui um usuário de Hackintosh e ainda pretendo montá-lo», porque ele quer jogar mais de um computador, pois ele é um streamer de Twitch e YouTube e um jogador hardcore, e não precisarei ficando emprestando-lhe muitas vezes.
Se ele quiser, do meu antigo computador portátil, pegarei apenas um SSD Samsung Evo 860 de 240GB com o Arch Linux instalado e deixarei um HD de 500 GB para ele. No futuro, comprarei um novo laptop Alienware.
Como me formei no início deste ano, mudei-me para um novo supercomputador cujo processador é AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X e cuja placa de vídeo NVIDIA GeForce ™ 1660 Ti. Há mais detalhes que posso fornecer-lhes na minha assinatura abaixo. Possuo um SSD m.2 2280 externo com o Windows 10 instalado.
Reconsiderarei a compra da quarta unidade – um externo SSD m.2 2280 SATA de 480GB 545MB/s da marca WD Green ou um externo normal SSD SATA de 1TB 545MB/s da marca WD Green – para instalar o Hackintosh. Mas antes de comprá-lo, preciso ter certeza.
1. Vale a pena instalar o Hackintosh num SSD m.2 2280 externo? Se eu criar duas partições, uma para o MyHack/Chameleon/Clover do InsanelyMac e outra para o Hackintosh, e a inicialização do meu supercomputador é nativamente BIOS e Grub, vale a pena? Talvez eu tente instalar o reFind no Arch Linux para substituir o Grub, se valer a pena.
2. Sei que macOS High Sierra, Mojave e Catalina funciona com o processador AMD Ryzen™, mas se eu precisar do Metal 2 para executar a versão mais recente do Sketch (a qual eu possuo uma licença original) e de outros aplicativos cujos possuo as licenças originais? O NVIDIA GeForce™ 1660 Ti é compatível com o Metal 2?
3. Como é um SSD externo, poderei executar o Hackintosh como um sistema operativo portátil noutros computadores?
As I see many novices in the forum ask "How to make my Radeon working? I have bad resolution, no QE/CI...." and so on. They come to the section and have no find an answer here because all Radeons are different and they don't know where else they read about this.
I want to explain all steps needed for launching the Radeon family of videocards.
I will speak about Clover because I maintain this bootloader to know recent hardware and modern OSX. Not sure if you will have the same result with other bootloaders. I am carefully checking the injecting of ATI card and correcting it times to times. I am also accessible for bug reports.
Older card require older system, newer cards require new system.
ATIRadeon9000 is possible to launch under Tiger.
ATIRadeonMobilityX1400 requires 10.5-10.6. See RadeonHD topic.
As I see RadeonHD3xxx was successful only in 10.5
For new AMDRadeonHD7xxx there must be 10.8.3+ system.
This must be the first question before asking about the card.
You may know the device-id from Windows->DeviceManger->VideoCard.properties->compatibleIDs
You may boot into system in safe mode (key -x) and see system profiler
And you may boot into Clover GUI, press F2 and get preboot.log. Find here something like
2:709 0:000 PCI (00|01:00.00) : 1002 6758 class=030000 2:709 0:000 Found Radeon model=AMD Radeon HD 6670 Series It means my DeviceID=6758 (these are hex numbers)
Then you must check that Apple's drivers support your DeviceID. If not then add it!
For example HD7850 has DeviceID=6819. If we look into ATI7000Controller (AMD7000... in new systems) we find 6818 here but no 6819!
I show you how to do this with terminal commands. Launch /Application/Utilities/Terminal.app. Type in opened window:
cp /System/Library/Extensions/ATI7000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist ~/Desktop So you get a copy of the Info.plist on Desktop. Edit it with TextEdit. Change 68181002 -> 68191002.
Don't edit this file directly in the system folder!
Then copy back by terminal. Don't use finder to copy kexts! They will have wrong permissions in this case.
sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/ATI7000Controller.kext/Contents/ sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/* Second command make sure next reboot the kext will use your edited info.plist.
The same operation you must do with a kext AMDRadeonAccelerator or ATIRadeonX2000 or other one. Check all candidates if they contain such list of possible IDs and choose closest to you.
Since Clover revision 1971+ you may just inject new DeviceID into DSDT instead of correcting kexts. See instruction here.
GraphicsEnabler or Injector
OSX needs to know some properties (Model name, Family, etc...) that must be somehow injected at boot time. Yes, also real Macs got DeviceProperties string from firmware.
1. Set InjectATI=Yes in Clover (same as GE=y in Chameleon).
2. Use custom string made with gfxutil. For whom who knows.
3. Write _DSM into DSDT. You should know what to write.
4. Use some kext like ATY_init.kext or Natit.kext. If you are sure that the kext is for your card namely.
I want to say that all this methods make the same thing. Differencies in their tuning.
The Clover do this automatically for most known cards at this moment.
As you may see to start HD5000-7000 some strange names used: Pithecia, Orangutan, Elodea... What are they?
They are configs for framebuffer. Predefined configs how connectors are solded for cards used in real Macs. Strange but these configs rear coincide with PC card. Usually gurus make advice "choose a framebuffer that most appropriate for your card". The chances 1:10. In most cases you may find a FB name that gives you main monitor working. Or nothing at all.
Great respect to bcc9 who gives us a method to correct one of config to be exactly for you. See here.
My retelling for Clover is here
Success example in the thread in posts 44-52
I tested Clover's methods with two users having Mobility Radeon HD5470 and HD5650M. We found that full memory and QE/CI will be achieved if we set in Clover's config
even thou no file with bios is provided. This is the key to make Radeon Mobility working!
Other problem is bad gradients or artifacts. For this case Clover accept the key
and sometimes you also need to inject CustomEDID.
See Clover instructions for details.
And my results.
Gigabyte Radeon HD6670
<key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>GraphicsInjector</key> <true/> <key>InjectEDID</key> <true/> <key>FBName</key> <string>Ipomoea</string> <key>LoadVBios</key> <false/> <key>VideoPorts</key> <integer>3</integer> <key>PatchVBios</key> <true/> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>KernelCpu</key> <false/> <key>ATIConnectorsController</key> <string>6000</string> <key>ATIConnectorsData</key> <string>000400000403000000010000120401050008000004020000000100001102040310000000100000000001000000000002</string> <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key> <string>040000000403000000010000100001061000000010000000000100000000000100080000040200000001000012040403</string> VTX Radeon HD5570
<key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>PatchVBios</key> <false/> <key>FBName</key> <string>Baboon</string> <key>VideoPorts</key> <string>3</string> <key>GraphicsInjector</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>LoadVBios</key> <string>No</string> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>Debug</key> <false/> <key>KernelCpu</key> <false/> <key>ATIConnectorsController</key> <string>5000</string> <key>ATIConnectorsData</key> <string>040000001400000000010000010201030008000000020000007100002205020110000000100000000001000000100002</string> <key>AppleRTC</key> <true/> <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key> <string>040000001400000000010000010001040008000000020000007100002200020510000000100000000001000000000002</string> <key>AsusAICPUPM</key> <false/> <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Find</key> <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data> <key>Replace</key> <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data> </dict> </array> </dict> See PatchVBios=No
for this card "yes" leads to black screen. Use with precautions.
A sample for Radeon R7 240
UPDATE for ElCapitan.
It seems has more problems. My HD6670 is not working in ElCapitan OOB unlike Mavericks.
I had to set FakeID=0x67401002 as correspond to real iMac12,2 and set this model in SMBIOS section.
It related to GraphicsPM or GraphicsControl.
Look these kexts to decide what you can do for your configuration.
HighSierra requires change these kexts by version from Sierra 10.12.6
for Radeon HD6xxx
AMDRadeonX3000.kext AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle IOAccelerator2D.plugin IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext . for Radeon HD7xxx and up AMDRadeonX4000.kext AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle IOAccelerator2D.plugin IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext . Black screen after wake problem resolved by follow method radeon_bios_decode.0.2.zip
Preciso de ajuda para terminar um meu hackintosh, alguém poderia me ajudar?
Boa tarde a todos, gostaria de ajuda com o meu hackintosh, estou fazendo um hack em um notebook Dell 5557, as configurações estão abaixo.
Modelo: Intel Core i7 - 6ª Geração Intel Core i7-6500U
Velocidade: 2.5 GHz até 3.1 GHz com Max Turbo Cache: 4Mb
Memória RAM Quantidade: 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2X8).
Armazenamento Capacidade: 240 GB SSD
Tela Tamanho:15.6” Resolução: FULL HD 1920x1080p Touch
Webcam integrada de alta definição (720p) com microfone digital
Gráfico Integrado Intel HD 520
NVIDIA® GeForce 930M com 4GB DDR3 Dedicada
Dell Wireless 1705 WiFi
1x HDMI 1.4ª
2x USB 3.0
1x USB 2.0
1x Ethernet 10/100 RJ-45
1x Entrada de Cartão 5 em 1 (SD, SD 3.0, SDHC, MS e MS PRO)
Leitor de Cartão
Tipo: SD, SDHC, SD3.0, MS, MS Pro
Alimentação Bivolt 3 células 43Wh
Os problemas que encontrei ate agora foram.
O que não funciona?
BRILHO DA TELA
GERENCIAMENTO DE ENERGIA NAO SEI COMO SABER SE FUNCIONA
GRAFICOS DEDICADOS NVIDEA 930M
O QUE FUNCIONA?
PLACA DE REDE
AS DSDT E AS SSDT?
Nao sei como fazer para esse modelo mais ja extrai as originais mais nao sei quais arquivos usar e quais pachs ativar,
alguém poderia me ajudar a terminar esse hack por favor. Desde ja obrigado.
I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you.
A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.
This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F10, 9900k with a Vega 56 but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware
8700k, 9600k, 9700k, 9900k
RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
(If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)
• Intel I9 9900k @5.1Ghz
• Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
• Sapphire Nitro+ SE Vega56 ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB @3200mhz (2 x 8GB)
• Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
• Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.1
• Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)
• Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
• Hardware Acceleration
• Sleep & Wake
• Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
• Netflix on Safari browser
• Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)
CLOVER EFI FOLDERS
please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F10 to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f10.zip - Z390 MASTER Bios Revision F10
Use this folder with igpu Enabled in bios for working Sidecar (Updated 1st Nov)
AudioGods Z390 Master Vega Navi EFI.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi & Radeon VII DSDT
AudioGods Z390 Master RX EFI.zip - RX Series DSDT
ADDITIONAL DSDT's (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
BroadcomFix.zip (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F10)
• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 512MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup