• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 

4,368 posts in this topic

Hi I’m Cheech and I’m a macoholic. I guess it all started back in 1999. It wasn’t even that cool back then. I had no clue what I was doing. I just wanted to record some music. I was naive and a bit reckless and I had just gotten paid.

I guess I could blame it all on my local guitar center. They asked if I was a PC guru, and I said “what the hell is THAT!?” He replied “Ok, we’re putting you on a Mac.” It was all downhill from there. I lost complete control in a very short period of time. I’ve been broke ever since. I’m embarrassed, I’ve lost all pride, and that lead me here nearly 20yrs later trying to find a cheaper way to support my habits. 

I’m a nice guy, I really am! I just want my family back.

Thanks for listening.

Hi

My name is Vherniel and I came from Philippines. I always love to study and play with any kinds of technology. (That's why I'm here) I'm new in Hackintosh. I also learned a lot here in InsanelyMac for just a couple of days. And finally, my reason behind building a Hackintosh setup is not only to have an experience on macOS X, but also to learn it's core and of course, Mac PC's in our country is very expensive than to the other countries. So, thanks a lot InsanelyMac because you helped me a lot with your great and informative content and also thanks a lot for saving me from TM. My knowledge will be cancer free. :P

Posted (edited)

Thanks Allan!

I could really use some mentoring on how to complete my install

I've got 10.11.6 running on an SSD, but I can't complete the boot using the SSD if its mounted to an internal SATA port.  In fact I can't even see other SATA drives (HDD or DVD) that would normally be (not currently) attached to my internal SATA port, and I can only boot into Clover and begin to boot from the SSD; the boot fails when it tries to find the root device. The only way I can fully boot the OS is to use a USB boot drive and then select the OS drive, and the OS drive has to be connected to USB (via SATA adapter), and not to the internal SATA.  I've got great video and audio (compliments of the GeForce 8400 GS), and I've got RTL8811au (Ourlink AC600; btw: their drivers install nicely), and I'm currently testing Sleep functions; everything seems to work well and I've created a Time Machine drive that's connected to my USB 3.0, as well as applied some El Capitan patches from the App Store.  Oddly enough, I can boot from an old Kalyway DVD and see my internal SATA drives, so I don't think this is a HW or BIOS issue.

If you happen to know anyone that might be able to help, I'd appreciate a reference or an intro!

Thanks!

Thomas

Edited by ooOoogaBooOooga

Hello everyone.

I'm Jeff from North Carolina.

I am looking to successfully build my first hackintosh.  I have tried in the past with very little success.  I got some new hardware and hoping that may help.

Posted (edited)

Hello guys. Glad to be part of Insanelymac family. :D

btw, Where can I go to take the quiz part 1?

Edited by geserjav
added question

hey guys, I'm dev and I'm a CS student and a freelance developer, nice to meet y'all.

have a great day!

5 hours ago, ivanagui2 said:

Hello everyone.

Hello @ivanagui2, welcome to InsanelyMac. :D

5 hours ago, BreezFull said:

Hello. I am from Canada and am new to this forum as well as to this "Hackintosh" thing.

Hi @BreezFull, enjoy your stay here ^_^