• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 

4,368 posts in this topic

Hello. I am alessio . I am registered in this forum for a long time but I never wrote . I have several experiences of hacks . with mavericks on my laptop and, on my desktop, Yosemite .

I am now trying to install el capitan on my desktop computer . I am sure that I will find support in this forum

Hi, I'm new here and I am actually a mac owner. I have 3 macs and I used to be a pc owner and always had osx installed on my pc. Now im a mac owner looing to switch back to pc eventually but looking to learn how to upgrade my mac with new components. Hopefully I can find the answers here.

Hello everybody!  New to the forum (obvious by my post)... old to the Apple world.  6 years as an ACSE, ADT, APT.  Collection includes 2 Apple IIe (need to frankenstein the mainboard from one to the other), Apple Iic, Apple IIgs (Woz Signature Model), various powerbooks, iMacs, and powermacs.  I was a technician during the OS7-OS9 days and helped transition a company from OS9 to OS X, then to the largest installation of xServes on the planet (until VT came in with theirs and beat us by couple of machines!)  I come with both questions and answers.  Coder (several languages... at one time one of the primary Applescript answer guys out on the mailing lists and within Gannett).  Archaeologist, Filmmaker, Fencer, Philanthrope, Misanthrope.  Happy to meet you all.

Hi everyone,

I'm extremely new to all of this, but now I've been bitten there's no way back to Windoze.

I'm keen to learn and also hope to eventually contribute something worthwhile.

I just signed up too. And although I failed test #2 (I never studied computer science), I do have experience building a system--I did it 3 years ago. I'm a 14-year Mac user, having bought my first one, an iMac G4 800MHz 17" in the summer of '02, a beautiful machine I still have in a closet, regrettably. I haven't been without a Mac since, though only MacBook Pros since 2008, and I'm wanting to build a Hackintosh so I can have a powerful desktop . . .

Oddly though, I've only ever edited video on Windows, in Sony Vegas, and it's all I know (the friend who taught me how to edit video is a Win user), so to that end, I built my first PC in July '13 (4770K, GTX660, 16GB RAM, etc.) strictly for editing video in Sony Vegas, which is only a hobby for me. Since I do it only intermittently, in hindsight, building that machine was kind of a waste of money because I rarely use it and am generally always on my MBP, even though it was a process I enjoyed and learned a lot from

Now that I feel the urge to do a build again, I'd like to do it as a Hackintosh, for two main reasons:

1. I am on a Mac 99% of the time, so why would I build a Windows machine? Especially when I already have a good one.

2. I've really just always wanted a powerful Mac desktop and could never bring myself to dropping the cash to make it happen, especially after having coughed up for several of Apple's more expensive, high-end laptops.

So I'm hoping to build a dual boot setup this time so I can just do everything on the one new desktop. I'll boot in to Windows when I want to edit a video in Vegas and I'll be on the Mac side all the rest of the time. And I'll get rid of my old system.

I won't start for a few months just because I want to take the time to read everything I can to feel like I know how to do it, so I'm here to learn, but I hope to contribute at some point too.

But first thing's first; I need to pay that darn quiz #2. :lol:

Hi, Im Iwagz and I new to this site and forum. I'm doing research for my first build later this fall. I'm sure I will be pestering some of you for information.

Hey guys! I'm a newbie and this is my first Hackintosh build and I'm pretty excited to get it running 100%.  Anyways, HI!!!!!

I always have been a Windows user, and now I want to try OS X, but I do not know much about it. So I'm here to learn with you.

Thanks

Hi from New Zealand, the bottom of the world. I'm Pete

I'm an old man (57) who likes a challenge. Architect by trade and I've been hackintoshing my work computers instead of drawing for the last 2 weeks.

So far I've done the laptop (easy), got my X99 Xeon 2690 (12 core) working but only in safe mode. I think it's the R9 390x so I might get another card just for the install.

Finally, I.ve nearly got my X99 5960x to boot to install, but again, the GPU - R9 Nano is definitely not helping.

Anyway, insanely mac has been a huge help! Thanks guys.

Hi from New Zealand, the bottom of the world. I'm Pete

I'm an old man (57) who likes a challenge. Architect by trade and I've been hackintoshing my work computers instead of drawing for the last 2 weeks.

So far I've done the laptop (easy), got my X99 Xeon 2690 (12 core) working but only in safe mode. I think it's the R9 390x so I might get another card just for the install.

Finally, I.ve nearly got my X99 5960x to boot to install, but again, the GPU - R9 Nano is definitely not helping.

Anyway, insanely mac has been a huge help! Thanks guys.

hey there, mate! welcome!

Hello @Allan, welcome to InsanelyMac. :P