• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 

4,368 posts in this topic

Hey, retro Mac SE30 user from early 90s returning to explore dual booting a thinkpad T420 w/ Win7. Motivated by the ms sanctioned rootkit/keylogger/stalker/data miner/p2p leecher or all you data belongs m$ to sell otherwise know as win10.

A lot of good stuff here to get my head around.

Hi! I'm an old member of this website. Reintroducing myself. Came back to InsanelyMac to find info on how to build a good gaming rig while at the same time run OSX flawlessly (OS wise, a dual-booting system with Win10Pro). I currently work for Gulfstream and I fix their planes and get the new ones ready for flight. Used to live in PR but am living in GA now. :) Hope I can get my rig done with all of your collective wisdom!

Glad to see someone new/old re-welcome/welcome back.

Hello there! I am Blaid, I'm a guy from Spain, and I've been trying to install os x, but having lot of troubles as it is AMD. Hope staying here and looking up deeply I can finally have os x! :) Greetings, buds!

Hi all, I am Thomas and I am from Denmark.

I have so far been a Windows-kind-of-guy, but just got a new position where I will be required to do work from both Mac OS and Windows.

Thus I am new to OSx86 world but also to the Mac OS in general. I hope to gather a lot useful information for building a hackingtosh and using Mac OS in general from you good people in here.

Hi Im new. From sweden. 

Long time member, and long time user of hackintosh. 

Longer user of OSX. 

Decided to say hi, now when my hackintosh started to act funny. =) 

Into Cars (own a Evo 8)

Music production

Hi, i'm Ken Kaneki (not my real name, taken from Tokyo Ghoul), i'm member of InsanelyMac since May 2014, but i never thinked about introduce myself,

I'm 13 years old, started Hackintosh at 11 years old at 2012 with Snow Leopard on a Core 2 Duo, I'm too a Linux user since 2008, i'm from France, i'm an Otaku, and the manga is the life :DI am passionate about computers since I was a kid ^^

Hello everyone. I'm new to the ways of the hackintosh.

I just recently built myself a new computer. Looking at how much a new Mac Pro costs and what you get for the price got me hoping that my new machine could run OSX.

The core parts are:

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K @4.7GHz

GPU: nVidia GTX 970 x 2 SLI

I understand that I won't be able to use the two graphics cards in SLI for gaming in OSX but I'm hoping that I can use them both to speed up Final Cut.

I found this forum from a google search that returned this url as a result. Needless to say I am hopeful I can get OSX running and grateful xeye published his results.

Hi everyone,

I'am Shaak and also new in this forum and also try to convert my computer in to a Mac.

I'am totally new in the Mac world and try to learn how things work in OS X.

I start working with the hardware below three days ago and stuck by 10.6.8. with no access to the app store because of the Killer E2201 (I think), searching the internet I found this forum (Mieze), with no luck till now........

MB: Gigabyte Z97X-gaming 3

CPU: intel I5 4570

DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard (original)

Thanx :whistle: Allan, start again with an old one and it works

MB2:PT/330

CPU2: I3 540

Edited by Sinterklaas

Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum!

MB: Gigabyte Z97X-gaming 3

CPU: intel I5 4570

DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard (original)

Snow Leopard + Haswell = Not compatible  :P

Hi guys I'm a turtle newb!

I bought an AMD hack and it worked ticket boo no probs, then like a genius in swapping out some components I manage to break the connector on the SSD meaning I have to desperately try and install mavericks myself on another drive.

Fingers crossed I don't drive myself into the ground attempting this.

Ciao for now, Wayne

Hi to all,

I'm Gious, and I are a newby for a hac****sh

I have a MB Asus Z97-K and a grafic card asus GTX 750 Ti.

I have a old MacBook Pro and a old G5 Mac Pro too.

By